Iraq Health Access Organization
General Job Summary: The PSS Worker helps the community by assisting beneficiaries that are affected by such issues as neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, and mental health. S/he handles cases by telephone or in person. Psycho-social counsellors in the centers are trained case managers who take disclosures and follow the procedures for case management to provide services in a confidentially manner that assures safety and respect of the rights of the survivor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide psychosocial support for GBV survivors: services and assistance aimed at addressing the harmful emotional, psychological and social effects of gender-based violence. Psychosocial support seeks to improve a survivor’s wellbeing by:
- Bringing healing to survivors and their families;
- Restoring the normalcy and flow of life;
- Protecting survivors from the accumulation of distressful and harmful events
- Enhancing the capacity of survivors and families to care for their children and
- Enabling survivors and families to be active agents in rebuilding communities and in actualizing optimistic futures.
- Provide psychosocial services for survivors/victims of GBV include the following interrelated types of activities.
- emotional support to assist with psychological and spiritual recovery and healing from trauma;
- Provides support and direct care for gender-based violence (GBV) beneficiaries and the specified care suitable for youths of both male and female that are affected by GBV, including primary psychological support and case management.
- Follows the guidelines of GBV with regard to confidentiality, respect and integrity.
- Safety and non-crimination while providing services.
- Sets up a hotline, with suitable management, to ensure accessibility of the beneficiaries from the areas surrounding the Center to access to information related to available services and procedures to facilitate their ability to receive these services on time.
- Provides proper documentation for a reported GBV incident by ensuring forms are completed correctly.
- Works with the specialized parties to improve, enforce, and supervise follow up of referrals to facilitate beneficiaries’ access in a timely manner.
- Improves and supports women and teenage girl’s group activities and psychosocial support appropriate to each age category.
- Provides reports to the Project Manager daily, weekly, and monthly as required by the project.
- Conducts himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to IHAO and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of Two (2) years’ experience in a related job is required.
- Excellent verbal and written Arabic and English language skills are required.
- Good computer skills including a knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and e-mail are required.
- Prior work experience with a NGO is a plus.
- An ability to build relationships to be able to serve the community.
- An ability to maintain confidentiality.
- An ability to maintain neutrality.
- A commitment to IHAO’s Principles.
- An ability to manage stress effectively.
- Commitment to GBV guidelines (respecting the needs and decisions of beneficiaries).
How To Apply
IHAO implements an equal opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
IHAO is an Equal Opportunity Employer IHAO considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, or disability.
NOTE:- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date will not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
HOW TO APPLY
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Please submit your CV and a Cover letter as a PDF or WORD to ([email protected]), other formats rather than PDF or WORD will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application.
subject :PSS Worker – Nineveh
Interested candidates can send their application no longer than
Deadline : 2023-02-21source: NCCI