Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
General description of the position:
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator and with technical support from the Access to Justice Technical Coordinator, the Access to Justice Project manager is in charge of the direct implementation and supervision of the Access to Justice project in Kirkuk and Salah al-Din Governorates.
The PM is in charge of all the programme cycle management aspects under his/her responsibility, including, staff recruitment and training/coaching, needs analysis and need assessment, strategic planning, resources management, program’s logistics and budget follow up, activities implementation, development of tools, Information management and MEAL, reporting and fundraising, coordination with a range of stakeholders and representing Tdh within his/her responsibilities.
The Access to Justice Project manager will be in charge of multiple donors programs, with a specific focus on Access to Justice program.
Tdh expects that its contractors’ professional conduct reflect proper behavior in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and defends in all circumstances the interests of the TDH. Tdh intervenes without any affiliation for politics, religion or financial profit. He/she will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation. He/she commits to observe discretion on any information related to the organization functioning and beneficiary related issues.
He/She will and ensure that child protection principles are being incorporated into the programs.
1. Program Planning and Implementation:
Project cycle management
· Develop, implement and monitor the Access to Justice projects in the area projects in the area, with a primary focus on the Access to Justice one, in accordance with the proposals, grounding standards and principles.
· Lead planning and implementation of activities, develop necessary tools to support the project’s implementation.
· Ensure that activities are appropriately monitored and evaluated and propose, when deemed necessary, amendments to the Access to Justice strategy, in consultation with the A2J Coordinator.
· Contribute to the initial and regular assessments of the A2J projects and activities’ impact.
· Forecast and follow up on expenditures related to the A2J projects.
· Participate in budget revision exercises.
· Prepare timely purchase requests in line with the Access to Justice project needs.
· Identify logistic and admin support needs related to the projects and communicate these to the relevant log/admin support person.
· Ensure the compliance of the activities with the internal and sector quality standards
2. Monitoring and Reporting:
· Lead the child protection team in ensuring proficient information management, monitoring and evaluation and information sharing. With the supports of the MEAL staff, S/he is in charge of the management and consolidation of databases.
· In coordination with the MEAL department, s/he is tasked with principled data protection
· In coordination with the MEAL department, s/he ensure to lead programme compliance key actions, including developing, implementing, archiving of source of verification on a regular basis.
· Review the progress of the project on monthly basis through reporting on the Indicator Follow Up and reflect the analysis in modification of work-plans.
· Provides the coordination with the inputs for regular donor and internal reports.
· Report on Activity Info
3. Partner Management :
· Responsible for the management of the partnership agreement with the implementing partner and acts as key focal point for providing support and supervision of partner’s activities.
4. Capacity building
· Prepare a capacity building plan for the staff on the basis of identified needs and opportunities. Lead or contribute to the design of appropriate training packages.
· When requested, supports capacity building on the other bases.
· Provide follow-up of the training, support supervisors in coaching and mentoring of field staff.
· Facilitate training for key stakeholders as per proposals.
· Identify external training opportunities relevant for the project staff.
· Provide capacity building to partners.
· Regularly liaise with directorate of relevant ministries at governorate and district level, specifically with the MoI, MoJ and MoLSA.
· Under the supervision of the A2J coordinator, coordinate the legal action and activities with the implementing partners
· Coordinate with other humanitarian partners within the area of responsibility, actively participate to coordination mechanisms at governorate level including the Child Protection working group, the education sub-cluster among others.
· Ensure full coordination with communities and community-leaders.
· Promote coordination and integration with other sectors within Tdh
6. Human resources management
· Carry out necessary recruitment process when needed, in respect to the local regulations, in collaboration with the with the HR department and the Field Coordinator.
· Draft JDs and recruitment requests, design tests and interviews.
· lead appraisal exercise with directly supervised staff and support supervisors.
· Promote a constructive, motivational and respectful working environment within the team.
· Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the Field Coordinator, the Access to Justice Coordinator and that are compatible with the job description.
· Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality – inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
· Support the team in promoting child protection mainstreaming.
Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
· Strong technical expertise on child protection and child protection in Emergencies and knowledge on other national/international guidelines and tools for education and child protection.
· Demonstrated project management skills (financial management, human resources management, monitoring and evaluation techniques).
· Strong training and capacity-building skills, particularly using participatory techniques for training on different components of CP programming. Previous experience conducting training in case management, caring for child survivors, psychosocial support, CP information management system, Education in Emergencies are desirable.
· University degree in social work, Education, social studies, human rights, or any other related discipline.
· Minimum of 5 years management-level work experience (ideally in child protection project and education) with a NGO or INGO.
· Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
· Excellent report writing skills.
· Team management and leadership skills and proven supervisory skills.
· Ability to work independently while remaining a strong team player.
· Willingness to live, adapt and productively work in insecure, unstable and/or harsh environments.
· Flexibility, adaptability and high work capacity to ensure activities and technical management/coordination support in a timely manner to achieve project results.
· Superior interpersonal communication skills.
· Competent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Child Safeguarding Policy
· Raising awareness within the Foundation on violence against children.
· Providing guidance to employees and others and defining expectations when it comes to preventing, raising, denouncing and responding to issues of child abuse.
· Reducing the risk of child abuse by selectively recruiting employees and others.
· Reducing the risk of child abuse by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children.
How To Apply
Application should contain the following two attachments: CV and Cover letter.
Application should be submitted to ” [email protected] ” with writing the exact subject (A2J – PM). Otherwise CV not be accepted.
- Sending CV with Link will be disregarded.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- This Position on Rolling bases.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.