Médecins du Monde
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
The current program focuses on supporting the local health authorities in providing quality PHC services (including MHPSS and GBV response) and continue to strengthen the capacities of local public health authorities in Kirkuk and Ninewa governorates, to provide quality care and respond to health needs of IDPs, returnees and vulnerable host communities. This includes:
- A combination of direct and complementary services, especially related to general health, sexual and reproductive health, while contributing to the health system strengthening through capacity building at DOH level
- Mental health and psychosocial support
- Gender based violence integrated within the PHCC general health services, SRH and MHPSS services
- As a cross cutting approach MdM is planning to develop a community health based (CHB) approach to ensure community participation, while empowering individuals.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator and in close collaboration with the finance advisor and the HR advisor at HQ, you define, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of the mission’s human resources frameworks, procedures and policies while respecting the local context, local legislation and MdM policies and values. You also plan, centralise, coordinate and supervise the financial management and financial administration of the mission (budget, accounting, bookkeeping, reports, donors, local audits, financial and administrative legal obligations, etc.) in line with MdM timescales, policies and procedures.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
- Establish and adapt financial management and bookkeeping procedures
- Coordinate the preparation of a monthly/annual budget
- Check the mission’s accounting, close and submit the accounts
- Define, monitor and control implementation of cash-flow management
- Develop, check and control the consistency of requests for cash supplies
- Prepare amendments and financial reports, monitor donor contracts and their consumption, propose amendments if necessary and participate in the development of budget for new proposals and ensure all support cost are aligned as per the MdM and donor requirements
- Product, check, update and control compliance with financial plans
- Prepare, organise and supervise internal or external audits at field level
- Manage and supervise the implementation of the HR contractual framework for national staff
- Update and check salary data on a monthly basis and validate the payment of salaries and social charges
- Support the update of MdM PSEA policy and ensure the implementation of a reporting and complain mechanism
- Monitor and update the organisational structure of the mission updating organisational charts and job descriptions
- Supervise and implement the HR contractual framework for expatriated staff
- Supervise and carry out HR recruitment process
- Deploy and monitor the evaluation schedule for national and international staff
- Manage the administrative team through setting objectives, monitoring activities, managing leave, recruitment, discipline, security, training, skills management
- Plan and monitor the activities and implement corrective action where necessary
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Starting date: as soon as possible until 30 April 2023
Gross monthly salary 2 940 euros
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Master degree in finance or audit and admnistrative sciences
4 years of field experience in similar position
Master in field accounting software (SAGA)
Languages: fluent in English, Arabic, Kurdish or French are an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
Please apply via the following link : http://www.jobs.net/j/JXWeuQkh?idpartenaire=128
Closing date: 1 Mar 2023