US Army Corps of Engineers
- Serve as architectural specialist providing professional services in planning, design and construction administration of architectural and interior design of buildings
- Review architectural aspects of design documents, reports, and studies
- Review contractor shop drawing submittals for compliance with contract requirements and evaluates proposed contract variances
- Provide technical opinions regarding architectural aspects of projects during interpretation of drawings to establish design intent and scope
- Resolve problems which may arise during procurement or construction by providing appropriate modifications
- Participate in conferences with management, clients, suppliers, and contractors where architectural features of projects are discussed
Conditions of Employment
- SECURITY CLEARANCE – This position has been designated as non-critical sensitive as defined in DOD 5200.2-R. The incumbent is required to possess or obtain and maintain, for the duration of employment, a Secret security clearance.
- EMERGENCY ESSENTIAL – The incumbent is required to perform the duties and requirements of the position in the event of a crisis until relieved by proper authority. Essential Position Agreement, DD Form 2365, must be completed prior to deployment.
- IMMUNIZATION SCREENING – This position requires immunization with the complete Anthrax vaccination series and subsequent annual boosters.
- MEDICAL EXAMINATION – This position requires you to satisfactorily complete a medical examination for deployment.
- PASSPORT AND VISA – This position requires the incumbent to possess or obtain and maintain an official US passport and VISA as applicable based on duty location.
- WORK SCHEDULE – This position may entail extended work shifts that last 12-16 hours a day. Lack of sleep may occur due to long working hours.
- LIVING CONDITIONS – The incumbent?s living conditions range from having all basic amenities such as including utilities like: light, power, water, and refrigeration; to having none of these amenities.
NOTE: This position will have an initial cut-off for referral 2 weeks from date announcement opens; applicants who apply on or before the cut-off date of 26 Jan 2023 will be considered first. Applications will be reviewed and referred for selection as vacancies occur within the organization.
- If you are current Army employee, this will be temporary reassignment, promotion or change to lower grade.
- If you are a 30% Disabled Veteran or Schedule A eligible, you will be placed on an appointment not to exceed 1 year, with possible extension up to an additional year.
- If you are an Army employee who does NOT have current competitive status, return placement to your permanent position cannot be guaranteed upon the end of your deployment tour. USACE will not be responsible for placement once your deployment tour ends.
All deployment tours are limited to a maximum length of 2 years total unless Mission changes require an extension; approval is required.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is
Basic Requirement For Architect
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in architecture or in a related field that included 60 semester hours of course work in architecture or related disciplines of which at least (1) 30 semester hours were in architectural design, and (2) 6 semester hours were in each of the following: structural technology, properties of materials and methods of construction, and environmental control systems.
- Combination of Education and Experience: College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the arts and sciences underlying professional architecture, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the architectural principles, methods, and techniques and their applications to the design and construction or improvement of buildings. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by at least one of the following: (1) Related Curriculum – Degree in architectural engineering provided the completed course work in architectural engineering provided knowledge, skills, and abilities substantially equivalent to those provided in the courses specified in statement A above, or (2) Experience: 1 year of experience in an architect’s office or in architectural work for each year short of graduation from a program of study in architecture. In the absence of any college courses, 5 years of such experience is required. This experience must have demonstrated that you have acquired a thorough knowledge of the fundamental principles and theories of professional architecture.
In Addition To Meeting The Basic Requirement Above, To Qualify For This Position You Must Also Meet The Qualification Requirements Listed Below
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes Develop architectural designs and coordinate design team input of the associated engineering disciplines for assigned projects; Perform technical reviews of architectural designs and resolving architectural design related problems arising during construction. Ensure that areas of overlapping responsibilities receive proper design considerations, necessary orientation and that total project objectives are met. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone–no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Oral Communication
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11).
All qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Position may require employee to wear uniform and/or protective clothing.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 18- Engineering & Scientists (Construction) position.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Overseas unaccompanied tour. Family members (spouse, children) will not be allowed to accompany the selectee to the duty location of this position.
- TDY Contingency Operations deployment benefits:
- TDY Contingency Operations deployment locations and entitlements:
- A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.