US Army Corps of Engineers
- Monitor workload among lower-graded auditors to ensure timely accomplishment of the assigned mission.
- Make recommendations to the organization on equipment and software needs.
- Apply Auditing Standards to data obtained by a wide range of evaluation techniques, such as: interviews, computer assisted techniques, statistical analysis, and questionnaires.
- Use audit findings to enhance financial system capabilities and operational data used by local management.
- Provide troubleshooting capabilities to prevent serious operational problems from developing.
- Advise auditors with difficult problems, ensuring accounting and auditing practices/guidelines are followed.
- Document audit results in accordance with Government Auditing Standards, DoD and DA policies.
- Utilize professional audit skills to implementing appropriate laws, directives, and regulations of internal control programs and procedures.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE – This position has been designated as non-critical sensitive as defined in DOD 5200.2-R. The incumbent is required to possess or obtain and maintain, for the duration of employment, a Secret security clearance.
- EMERGENCY ESSENTIAL – The incumbent is required to perform the duties and requirements of the position in the event of a crisis until relieved by proper authority. Essential Position Agreement, DD Form 2365, must be completed prior to deployment.
- IMMUNIZATION SCREENING – This position requires immunization with the complete Anthrax vaccination series and subsequent annual boosters.
- MEDICAL EXAMINATION – This position requires you to satisfactorily complete a medical examination for deployment.
- PASSPORT AND VISA – This position requires the incumbent to possess or obtain and maintain an official US passport and VISA as applicable based on duty location.
- WORK SCHEDULE – This position may entail extended work shifts that last 12-16 hours a day. Lack of sleep may occur due to long working hours.
- LIVING CONDITIONS – The incumbent?s living conditions range from having all basic amenities such as including utilities like: light, power, water, and refrigeration; to having none of these amenities.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is
Basic Requirement For Auditor
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law.
- Combination of Education and Experience: Must include at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant’s background must also include one of the following:
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law; OR
- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; OR
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; AND (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; AND (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant’s education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
In Addition To Meeting The Basic Requirement Above, To Qualify For This Position You Must Also Meet The Qualification Requirements Listed Below
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes: auditing automated accounting and financial systems to maintain mission support, developing fact sheets to interpret and explain data reports based on audit findings, and utilizing accounting and auditing theories to accomplish managerial operational assignments. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone–no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Administration and Management
- Audit Reporting
- Concepts, Policies and Principles of Audit
- Problem Solving
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11).
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:
- All deployment tours are limited to a maximum length of 2 years total.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the
- If an employee brings a family member to an overseas location who requires medical or dental care, then the employee will be responsible for obtaining and paying for such care. Access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only.
- Pay retention may be offered to selected applicants for positions at overseas locations. Pay retention will not be offered as an incentive for employees moving between overseas positions.
- Selectees initially recruited from the United States may receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, home leave, etc. (Subject to approval)
- Selectees recruited outside the U.S. will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire.
- Overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and
- For positions in a foreign country, that country’s laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee’s same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information and direct questions concerning a specific country (Foreign Duty Location) to the appropriate Army Human Resources point of contact prior to the acceptance of employment and your entrance on duty.
- This is a Career Program (CP) -11 position.
- The initial length of this overseas tour is 12 months.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit
- Position may require employee to wear uniform and/or protective clothing.
- Overseas unaccompanied tour. Family members (spouse, children) will not be allowed to accompany the selectee to the duty location of this position.
- TDY Contingency Operations deployment benefits:
- TDY Contingency Operations deployment locations and entitlements:
- A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.