- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Monitor the Building Automation System (BAS) which controls all mechanical and electrical systems including monitoring of AHU control parameters, VAV boxes, equipment scheduling and operations, and lighting controls.
- Check the panel a minimum of every four hours and provides on-call service 24/7 for problems or emergencies.
- Stay in constant radio communication with field staff to ensure optimum functioning of all systems.
- Maintain and repair BAS modules, panels, components and fiber optic lines.
- Perform quarterly calibrations and repairs on all BAS devices.
- Maintain secure BAS documentation in a neat and professional manner.
- Be responsible for daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, including employee performance reviews and any other first line supervisor administrative duties required.
- Schedule personnel, including shifts and rotations, to maintain acceptable levels of service at all times, including support for short-notice projects.
- Assign tasks, establish and enforce standards of conduct and performance in the work environment.
- Inspect and audit in-process and completed work, to ensure work meets SOW and quality standards.
- Plan, organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks under austere conditions, to perform job functions in an orderly manner.
- Manage required staff.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum Acceptable Experience Level: Five (5) years’ experience at the Journeyman level as a BAS Technician or HVAC Mechanic.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience with equipment such as:
- Invensys I/A
- Honeywell Series systems
- Andover Controls
- Reliable Controls
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in supporting contract responsibilities at an overseas facility.
- Experience providing excellent customer services.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED and Associates degree or higher in an engineering discipline. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of college degree.
- Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid drivers’ license from Home of Record.
- EPA Certification to handle and maintain refrigerant.
- Certification from Siemens, Johnson Controls, etc.
- Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance or Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or be able to obtain a favorable MRPT certification or US Government clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
- Citizenship: Must be eligible for US Government Clearance.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by Amentum and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Previous out of home country experience is highly desirable and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions is a plus.
- Experience working with Amentum/ PAE.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Labor Law Posters
EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.