As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Iraq since 2014 and has maintained a country office in Baghdad since 2018. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Foreign Office (AA) and the European Union (EU), GIZ is working on the three priority areas in Iraq. GIZ offers support in Iraq to help refugees, internally displaced people and host communities improve their living conditions. Here, the aim is to promote social cohesion, create income opportunities and revitalize the local economy. In addition, GIZ has adopted a holistic approach to help improve the country’s economic policy framework. It also promotes the employment and economic prospects for young Iraqis. These measures are being implemented in the autonomous region of Kurdistan and in central Iraq. To ensure that Iraqis have better access to public services in future, GIZ is also supporting the decentralization of the Iraqi administration. The aim is to improve organizational structures and work processes at various administrative levels.
Junior Administrative specialist holder will provide the needed administrative support for a number of projects within ECON cluster in coordination and collaboration with the rest of the administration and logistics team and the relevant units in giz CO.
This position in Baghdad supports the following main tasks:
- Support with the service contracts preparation and processing: Ensures the availability of all necessary documents according to GIZ quality procedures. Contracting also includes the processing, follow-up, tracking, and registration of contracts in GIZ online systems for all contracts within the projects‘ threshold.
- Procurement of goods: Support with planning office needs of equipment and materials such as furniture and IT equipment, preparation of requests and process documents as per PuR, ordering, tracking, follow up, and registration of documents in GIZ online systems.
- Assets Management: support with ensuring that all project assets are properly registered in giz’s inventory systems, labeled, and tracked.
- Files proper structuring and documentation, including uploading the needed information on giz online platforms.
- Coordination and communication: It is within the responsibility of the position holder to coordinate the admin processes among the relevant persons and units in the projects, Country office, and the cluster team.
- When necessary, the position holder will also take the role of project focal point to support the CO units in certain tasks such as interviews facilitation on behalf of the HR unit, or EMNS tracking and follow up on behalf of the RMO.
- Event Coordination and Management: The position holder ensures that the projects’ events are properly planned and organized in coordination with the logistics unit and the technical staff regarding transportation arrangements, services required, PR materials, documentation of events as per giz rules, and the commissioner/s standards.
- This task also includes the logistic arrangements of staff’s movements to partner locations and travel arrangements of staff members e.g. flight bookings, accommodation arrangements, airport pickups and drop-offs, etc.
- Administrative Budget Planning: The position holder contributes to the project’s budget forecast and planning for all the administrative costs including project procurements, office expenses, vehicle expenses, etc. This task is performed in close coordination with the cluster’s finance team and the relevant admin and project persons.
Qualifications & Skills
- Education Academic degree, preferably a BA in Business administration or a similar area is preferred.
- Academic degree, preferably a BA in Business administration or a similar area is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in business administration and office management.
- Experience with International Development organizations is an asset.
- Language skills: Native Arabic and fluent English skills are required.
- Literacy in using MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive attitude, problem-solving skills, and ability to teamwork
How To Apply
Please send your CVs/ Resumes and Motivation letter to [email protected]
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-FI023-014) Junior Administrative Specialist Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications