Erbil Office, Refugee camps of (Darashakran, Kawergosk, Qushtapa, Basirma), and urban areas.
Summary of Position:
The Case Manager Supervisor is responsible for providing reflective/supportive supervision to case management staff who are working with clients. S/he will coordinate with other NGOs to develop network for referrals for client services. Additionally, they are responsible for ensuring the competence and accountable practice of staff, continuously updating their knowledge and skills, and ensuring the emotional and psychological wellbeing of the case management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Case Management Skills and Duties:
- Work planning and assignment: Develop and implement case management plans, assign staff tasks and responsibilities, and monitor progress towards program goals.
- Participates in advocacy, crisis intervention, and problem solving for asylum seeker and refuges.
- Consults with program team regarding client needs, including Case Workers, Mental Health Counselor/ Supervisor and Project Coordinator as needed.
- Assists with developing client services package and client progress reports.
Supportive Supervision Skills and Duties:
- Provide supervision to case managers with a variety of case management skills and experiences.
- Assist in developing training materials for supervisees as required by the organization.
- Follow up with trainings provided by external facilitators and provide supervision related to the training materials.
- Consulates with supervisors from other disciplines on supervision skills and techniques.
- Creation of a safe space for reflection: Foster an environment where staff can safely reflect on their experiences and emotions and provide support and resources to help manage stress and burnout.
- Promotion of self-care: Encourage staff to engage in self-care practices and provide resources to support their emotional and psychological well-being.
- Empathy and normalization of feelings: Support staff in acknowledging and managing their emotions, and help normalize feelings of stress and anxiety related to their work.
- Reinforcement of realistic expectations and healthy boundaries: Ensure that staff have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities and support them in setting realistic expectations and healthy boundaries to manage workload and stress.
- Recognition and encouragement: Provide recognition and appreciation to staff for their work, and encourage them to continue to develop their skills and knowledge to support their professional and personal growth.
- Human resources management: Oversee the orientation, training, and supervision of staff within the MHPSS case management program.
- Competency assessment: Evaluate staff competencies and provide feedback to support their professional growth.
- Personal learning plan development: Work in collaboration with staff to create individualized learning plans that support their professional development.
- Promotion of Reflective Practices: Encourage staff to engage in reflective practices and promote continuous learning through self-reflection and critical analysis.
- Reinforcement of guiding principles: Ensure that staff are aware of and adhere to relevant ethical, professional, and organizational standards and principles.
- Encouragement of self-awareness: Support staff in developing self-awareness and an understanding of their strengths and areas for improvement, to promote personal and professional growth.
Program Coordination and Outreach:
- Coordination with stakeholders: Collaborate with other organizations, agencies, and stakeholders involved in the MHPSS and non-MHPSS programs to ensure the effective delivery of services.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Documentation and reporting: Ensure accurate and timely documentation of case management activities, including program data and performance metrics, and produce regular reports for his/her direct supervisor.
- Participates in client reviews to ensure that client case record is complete.
- Adheres to the organization reporting format and system.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Material and logistical support: Oversee the procurement, distribution, and management of program supplies and equipment, and ensure the availability of resources for the case management team.
- Reinforcement of safety and ethical standards: Ensure that program activities adhere to international standards for safety, ethical practice, and protecting vulnerable populations.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum BA degree in sociology, preferably social work or related to the field.
- Skill in Kurdish, Arabic and English languages is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Can travel throughout Kurdistan and stay in other city.
- Willingness to do extra work and as a volunteer.
How To Apply
How to apply?
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their CV to this email address: [email protected]
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.