Children in Emergency Technical Advisor- Erbil
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Children in Emergencies (CiE) Sector Technical Advisor covers the education and child protection portfolio for WV Iraq. They will provide sector technical leadership and management in project and proposal design, staff capacity building, quality assurance, evaluation and documentation for multiple
education and child protection projects in KRI/Iraq.
WV Iraq Goal: Supporting the most vulnerable in a shifting Context. WV Iraq will be addressing both immediate and longer term needs of displaced Iraqis as well as Syrian refugees in KRI and federal government of Iraq as required. Key sectors of the program include: Food assistance, Health, Child Protection & Education (CPiE), Economic Development & Livelihoods and WASH. The project area covers camps, host communities and returnees.
Position Goal: To provide leadership for the WVI Iraq CiE program which includes the provision of technical input into assessments, program design, budgets, monitoring and evaluation, and representing WV Iraq in clusters and others foras. The role will also require developing sector approaches and strategy, planning for project specific designs and budgets in education and protection with the support of local team leaders and multi-sector project managers. In addition, they will support the project implementation leads (project coordinators) and develop their understanding of the technical approaches, building links with other stakeholders including Government representatives, other NGOs in education and related sectors (e.g. Protection cluster, education cluster, child protection, Camp management, UN, CiE cluster and sub cluster, etc) to identify gaps. Provide technical leadership for in advocacy and effectiveness research related to CiE in partnership with M&E and advocacy colleagues. The CPiE Technical Advisor will ensure that Child Well Being indicators are captured in all WV Iraq’s project designs.
Assessment, Design and Acquisition Planning
- Develop CIE sector strategy for WV Iraq Office.
- Lead the technical approach design for new CiE projects adopting WV project models were possible.
- Provide input for the CIE section in proposals, budgets and budget narratives in integrated projects.
- Identify CWBOs and associated indicators during design of new projects.
- Work closely with the MEAL (M&E) team to develop monitoring plans & assessments for CiE projects
- In close collaboration with the Programmes Team, develop an acquisition plan and engage with donors to promote CiE funding
- Lead the development of the CiE components of the response and strategy.
Provide technical guidance to existing projects:
- Develop project specific quality benchmarks to monitor quality during project implementation.
- At project startup provide an overview for project staff on project specific technical approach.
- Provide support to project managers and Zonal Managers implementing CiE projects through field visits and capacity building.
- Engage with school management or departments of education as needed.
- Assist in the formation of statistical reports on education and protection issues.
- Establish and maintain World Vision and other best practice standards for CiE programs in cooperation with Regional Office counterparts
- Monitor and assist in evaluating CiE and nutrition program.
- Be an active participation with all stakeholders, including MoE, UNICEF, Cluster, other operating partners, community, and other CiE actors to ensure programme coherence and avoidance of service gaps and overlap
Coordination and Networking:
- Engage in CiE cluster and sub cluster meetings. Demonstrate WV capacity in the clusters.
- Regularly engage with stakeholders such MoE, DoEs, UNICEF and other actors.
- Organize meetings with Donors for prepositioning purposes and sharing WV Iraq best practices in CiE.
Capacity building of staff and partners:
- To assess, design and implement Revised 13 March 2015 | Page 4 appropriate training programs to equip and upgrade knowledge and skills of CiE staff.
- Assist coordinators and team leaders in other sectors in development of appropriate to CiE, hygiene and nutrition promotion information.
- Capacity build CiE teams with reference to community processes.
- Document training program results.
Children and Adult Safeguarding:
- Focal point for Children and Adult Safeguarding in the Country Office.
- Responsible for the implementation of Child and Adult safeguarding policy.
- Develop and update the Safeguarding Incidence Implementation Plan (SIIP).
- Develop an Action Plan to monitor progress in safeguarding in WV Iraq.
- Closely liaise with the RO and GC to keep up to date with new policies on safeguarding.
- Conduct orientation and refreshers on safeguarding for All WV Iraq staff.
- Conduct investigations on safeguarding and close the loop in the Ethics point.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Master’s Degree in education or relevant social science
- Proven ability in program design, management and proposal development
- Proven ability in sector approach and strategy development
- Proven ability in capacity building including training
- Working knowledge of Child Protection and Education in Emergencies programming.
- Excellent written and oral ability in English. Good Arabic communication skills (oral and written).
- Knowledge of the Minimum Standards (MS for EiE; MS for CP in Humanitarian Action; Inter-Agency Guideline on Mental
- CiE & Psycho-social Support) and experience in active participation on key coordination forums.
- Preffered: completed a recognized personal security course in the past 3 years.
- At least 5-10 years in humanitarian and development work in past decade mostly in emergency responses
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written). Good Arabic communication skills (oral and written) preferable
- Understanding of project timelines, budgets and deliverables. Ability to adapt when and as needed
- Strong experience in managing staff, partners and facilitating capacity building
- Ability to lead/contribute to multi or single sector assessments from CiE perspective and inform prog
- design based on assessment results and analysis
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
- Able to use a computer, with word-processing and spreadsheets, (e.g. Microsoft Office; Excel)
- Attendance at course on INEE/ Child Protection Minimum Standards course within the past 3 years
- Previous experience with early childhood development, basic education and youth in emergencies programming
- Technical competency in child protection and education in emergencies and ability to work effectively in chaotic environments.
- Working experience in the Middle Easter countries or Syria Crisis would be favorable considered.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to _50_% of the time.
How To Apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/Children-in-Emergency-Technical-Advisor_R16658
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 14 February 2023.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks