US Army Corps of Engineers
- Participates in design review meetings with agency designers and/or architect engineers as a technical expert in the field of civil engineering.
- Maintains control of construction progress, status and pay estimates through the use of progress schedules and network analysis systems.
- Serves as the Construction Division construction scheduling expert and technical consultant providing expertise and advice to other members of the Division and Resident Office personnel.
- Establishes procedures for the Resident Offices to follow for the ongoing review and implementation of construction schedules.
- Provides forensic construction scheduling services during resolution of contractor submitted claims.
- Review contractor quality control reports for the express purpose of identifying any statements that allege time or cost impact.
Conditions of Employment
- SECURITY CLEARANCE – This position has been designated as non-critical sensitive as defined in DOD 5200.2-R. The incumbent is required to possess or obtain and maintain, for the duration of employment, a Secret security clearance.
- EMERGENCY ESSENTIAL – The incumbent is required to perform the duties and requirements of the position in the event of a crisis until relieved by proper authority. Essential Position Agreement, DD Form 2365, must be completed prior to deployment.
- IMMUNIZATION SCREENING – This position requires immunization with the complete Anthrax vaccination series and subsequent annual boosters.
- MEDICAL EXAMINATION – This position requires you to satisfactorily complete a medical examination for deployment.
- PASSPORT and VISA – This position requires the incumbent to possess or obtain and maintain an official US passport and VISA as applicable based on duty location.
- WORK SCHEDULE – This position may entail extended work shifts that last 12-16 hours a day. Lack of sleep may occur due to long working hours.
- LIVING CONDITIONS – The incumbent?s living conditions range from having all basic amenities such as including utilities like: light, power, water, and refrigeration; to having none of these amenities.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
NOTE: This position will have an initial cut-off for referral 2 weeks from date announcement opens; applicants who apply on or before the cut-off date of 05 Dec 2022 will be considered first. Applications will be reviewed and referred for selection as vacancies occur within the organization.
All deployment tours are limited to a maximum length of 2 years total unless Mission changes require an extension; approval is required.
- If you are a current Army employee, this will be a temporary reassignment, promotion or change to lower grade.
- If you are an Army employee who does NOT have current competitive status, return placement to your permanent position cannot be guaranteed upon the end of your deployment tour. USACE will not be responsible for placement once your deployment tour ends.
- If you are a 30% Disabled Veteran or Schedule A eligible, you will be placed on an appointment not to exceed 1 year, with possible extension up to an additional year.
- If you are applying with ICTAP eligibility this will be a Temporary/Term appointment not to exceed 12 months/13 months with possible extensions up to two years maximum tour. This appointment would not have the ability to become permanent.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is
Basic Requirement for Civil Engineer: A. Degree: Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in engineering. To be acceptable, the program must:
- lead to a bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET);
- include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
B. Combination of Education and Experience: College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
- Professional registration or licensure – Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT), or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their registration. For example, an applicant who attains registration through a State Board’s eminence provision as a manufacturing engineer typically would be rated eligible only for manufacturing engineering positions.
- Written Test – Evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination, or any other written test required for professional registration, by an engineering licensure board in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico.
- Specified academic courses – Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and that included the courses specified in A above. The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of an engineering program.
- Related curriculum – Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate scientific field, e.g., engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. Ordinarily there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence, or several years of prior professional engineering-type experience, e.g., in interdisciplinary positions.
In Addition To Meeting The Basic Requirement Above, To Qualify For This Position You Must Also Meet The Qualification Requirements Listed Below
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes knowledge of construction engineering principles and practices to develop new policies and specifications for construction scheduling; analytical ability to evaluate contractors plans, operations and change order proposals; identify problems and develop resolutions.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Oral Communication
- Project Management
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-12). All qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Position may require employee to wear uniform and/or protective clothing.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 18 – Engineers & Scientists (Construction) position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Overseas unaccompanied tour. Family members (spouse, children) will not be allowed to accompany the selectee to the duty location of this position.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278e) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- TDY Contingency Operations deployment benefits:
- TDY Contingency Operations deployment locations and entitlements:
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.