- This position is contingent upon contract award**
Amentum is seeking a cleared Kurdish / Arabic Linguist (CAT II) to provide foreign language interpretation, transcription, reporting, and translation services to support worldwide operations. This position will provide onsite support at various locations throughout the CENTCOM AOR as determined by the customer.
- Must be ready, willing and able to change day-to-day work/tasks as the mission requirements at the assigned location may be fluid with lots of movement and change.
- Ability to think quickly and deal with issues that may arise professionally, timely, and appropriately.
- Typing ability, basic computer skills, use of Windows, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Conduct oneself in accordance with the local culture and customs.
- Ability to function effectively and efficiently during extended periods of high pressure and stress.
- May be required to go on missions and be physically fit to perform these duties. Lift and carry at least 30 pound backpack and/or gear with minimal effort. Walk at least 5km in rough terrain.
- Read, write, listen, and speak with clear, concise grammar, and pronunciation in the required foreign language(s) and English.
- Provide language or dialect specific translations using correct structure of sentences in the required language and English.
- Conduct consecutive, accurate translations, and interpretations of on-going conversations and activities.
- Position requires all employees to be available to work any hour and any day depending on mission requirements.
- Work and living conditions may be in extreme, austere, harsh conditions that may be possible war zones with considerable risk as part of the assignment.
- Country assignments are subject to change due to mission requirements and may require temporary or indefinite assignment to a neighboring country.
- Must possess an active U.S government Secret security clearance.
- Must be a high school graduate, have a GED, or equivalent at a minimum, with some college level work preferred. In lieu of education, experience may be substituted.
- Must have scored a minimum of 3 on the ILR scale in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking in English and the target foreign language(s) preferably within the last 24 months.
- Two or more years of experience is desired.
- Must be able to qualify per USCENTCOM requirements to deploy as a contractor accompanying the force.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.