Welthungerhilfe (hereafter: WHH) is a German private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
The general objective is to support the implementation of project activities by establishing strong links with communities, to provide information, mobilize the communities and beneficiaries plan and implement activities at the beginning of the project. A monitoring plan will be developed to determine what data will be collected by who and at which intervals. The progress and impact of the project is monitored and recorded using monitoring tools established within WHH. WHH uses digital solutions for data collection and analysis and is currently in the process of rolling out a new beneficiary management platform. The activities will be for IDPs, returnees and HC and are conducted in Sulimaniyah, Chamchamal and the districts in a timely manner.
The community mobilizer will be responsible for
- Survey, and assess the target population in the assigned area at household and group level through daily home and field visits.
- Participate in project studies (baseline and endline surveys) data collection
- Organize the CDC meetings and manage the timesheets, materials and raise any issue might occur.
- Conduct household surveys, registration, and visits to identify trainees for the farmer field school.
- Supporting project staff in arranging distributions.
- Arrange focus group discussions if needed.
- Participate in the identification of beneficiaries for participation in the training sessions.
- Arrange the paperwork for the training sessions participants and raise any problem encounter
- Act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries.
- Participate in conducting the gender percentage participation in case of new locations are identified.
Description of Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Field coordinators & other project staff, the community mobilizers provide support the implementation of project activities conducted by WHH and its partners.
- High school Diploma or bachelor’s degree or relevant educational background.
- Previous experience with an NGO and/or institution in relevant field of work is an advantage.
- Numeracy skill such as understanding numbers, counting, solving number problems, calculations, adding and subtracting numbers, etc.
- Fluency in Kurdish and Arabic, good in English.
- Open minded, and ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Committed, honest, friendly, and eager to learn.
How To Apply
The applicants should submit a CV including 2 professional references and indicating their match to the above qualifications and requirements in line with the description of responsibilities to the following email address:
Subject line should read: “CM-Chamchamal ”.
Please note that Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.