Palladium: Make It Possible
The purpose of the ACCELERATE Activity is to support the advancement of European Union (EU) market integration and accession for focus countries in the E&E region, while contributing to regional economic growth across the Western Balkans, Caucasus, Ukraine, and Moldova.
The Regional ACCELERATE Activity Will Capitalize On Increased Momentum For EU Accession And Integration By Implementing Regional Activities That Address The Key Priorities For Meeting The Copenhagen Economic Criteria. Specifically, These Four Objectives Include
- Improved trade facilitation both within the E&E region and with the EU.
- Increased access to finance by way of introducing regional alternative financial products and services.
- Increased support to the public and private sectors to comply with EU requirements and standards.
- Increased support to stakeholders to improve investment transparency so that investments have a greater development impact.
*This is an anticipated project, and all positions are contingent upon award from USAID.*
Reporting & Supervision
Palladium is recruiting for Country/Sub-Regional Representative(s), based in the ACCELERATE target countries of the Western Balkans, Caucuses, Ukraine, and/or Moldova. The Country/Sub-Regional Representative will supervise technical and/or administrative project staff, consultants, and partner organizations to achieve expected results.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide direction, leadership, and management of the region’s program implementation and ensure project technical assistance is high quality, technically sound, and appropriate.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for activities within their geographic region and liaise with relevant stakeholders, including USAID Missions and US Embassies, other donors, implementing partners, government officials, local NGOs, private sector companies, etc.
- Manage productive working relations with stakeholders in order to identify opportunities for interventions and generate ideas for program design.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance is aligned with overarching contract requirements and objectives while being responsive to regional contexts, including making necessary adjustments to operations to match USAID and country requirements.
- Assist the project team with strategic work planning, performance management, strategic communications, contractual and budgetary aspects of program management, and timely preparation of the annual implementation plan.
- Collaborate with other ACCELERATE country/regional offices and/or the leadership team to further project objectives.
- Communicate directly with the E&E Bureau in Washington.
- Establish an inclusive environment that encourages integrity, honesty, open communications, and commitment to compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations, and Palladium’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with USAID, U.S. Government, and local laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Relevant professional experience in economic growth, trade facilitation, access to finance, EU integration, investment transparency, and/or related business enabling environment activities that showcase increasing managerial responsibility.
- Experience managing international programs focused on economic growth; donor-supported and USAID experience preferred.
- Knowledge of, and/or experience with, EU harmonization and accession preferred.
- Knowledge of specific regional landscape of key institutions and organizations relevant to economic growth issues in the region.
- Experience supervising technical staff and subcontractors to effectively respond to complex assignments.
- Experience working with a range of program partners, including government agencies, the private sector, associations, local staff, host government counterparts, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare the deliverables associated with the contract, including Annual Work Plans, Annual Reports,
- Budgets, and reporting to USAID on results.
- Fluency in English with strong professional writing and presentation skills required; fluency in one other official language of the region required.
- Prior work experience in the focus region is strongly desirable.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodation to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected] and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
To apply for this job please visit palladium.csod.com.