Custodian, CAA – Iraq
The Custodian, CAA (Cleared Access Area) will be based at one of three Amentum sites in Iraq and serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State This position will be responsible for performing custodial/escort duties and will report to the Site Services Manager. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Perform custodial services in the CAA office areas to include conference rooms, special purpose (data processing and communication) areas, restrooms, lobbies, corridors and stairways.
- Clean office space, corridors, restrooms, stairwells, floors, walls, windows (interior and exterior), shampoos carpets as necessary, performs dusting, sweeping, washing, vacuuming, stripping, waxing, polishing, using cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, buffers, burnishers, and auto scrubbers.
- Ensure that work schedules/calendars/task sheets are up to date and all areas are cleaned as required in the SOW (Statement of Work).
- Ensure all cleaning supplies are identified, ordered, and stocked as needed.
- Work from ladders and at moderate heights via lifting equipment.
- Participate in setup and breakdown of events containing podiums, stages, stands, holiday decorations, and the like.
- Respond to emergencies and react to unforeseen circumstances.
- Under supervision or instruction, occasionally perform minor maintenance duties such as, touching up painting, assisting with office moving, tightening face plates, replacing light bulbs, using adhesives and lubricants, performing minor plumbing and carpentry related duties, hanging boards or shelving, assembling items, and any other items deemed safe for unskilled/semi-skilled trade.
- Escort non-cleared employees into classified areas and monitors them while they perform duties following the approved security guidelines.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
- Six (6) months’ successful experience in a custodial position for an office and /or residential facility.
- Six (6) months’ successful experience escorting non-cleared employees into classified areas.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 70 lbs.
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in supporting contract responsibilities at an overseas facility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED.
- Licenses and Certifications: Valid drivers’ license from Home of Record.
- Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance). Must maintain eligibility at the required clearance level for the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by Amentum and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Experience working with SOW.
- Prior experience with lifting equipment such as JLGs, Scissor lifts & Marble floor maintenance experience.
- Experience working with Amentum.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit pae.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.