Management Systems International
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Iraq, Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
For the Iraq Together activity, USAID seeks to support select GOI entities (national, regional and local) to improve service delivery performance through use of technology and process standardization while increasing the availability of and access to information, particularly related to public services. USAID also seeks to foster improved and inclusive relationships and engagement between those same GOI entities and the communities they serve. The goal is more equitable, efficient, and sustainable public services as well as improved government responsiveness to citizens’ needs and demands, contributing to more accountable, transparent, and inclusive governance. The project is expected to begin May 2023.
MSI is seeking applications from highly qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates. The DCOP will provide technical and strategic support and expertise to the program and serves as a significant liaison with USAID/Iraq, other implementing partners, and any other key stakeholders. The DCOP will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments and manage diverse teams to deliver impact. Note: This position is contingent upon award.
**Please note: Iraqi citizens and MENA region locals are highly encouraged to apply for this position**
- Manage technical teams to ensure implementation aligns with USAID priorities and contributes toward the achievement of the Activity’s results framework.
- Finalize Technical deliverables including grant and procurement requests, ensuring both best practice and USAID compliance.
- Responsibility to assist COP in contract management, including the implementation of all components of the activity, quality and timely deliverables, and coordination with USAID and all project stakeholders.
- Manage subcontractor and assist the COP in tracking their progress toward the agreed performance goals.
- Contribute to the overall program planning, monitoring, and reporting. Coordinate communication with project partners.
- Serve as Acting Chief of Party in their absence.
- Master’s degree in international development, public policy, public administration, or a related technical field.
- 8 years professional experience in international development with at least 5 years of experience in development context similar to Iraq.
- Experience working at the subnational governance level and understanding of grant implementation processes is preferred.
- Experience in Iraq and/or the Middle East and Africa region (MENA) preferred.
- Expertise in USAID rules and regulations (ADS, FAR).
- English fluency required, working-level knowledge of Arabic highly desirable.
- Knowledge of both US and Iraqi labor law.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
How to apply
Closing date: 9 Feb 2023