Distribution Operator (NPP)
The Power Plant Operator will be based at one of four PAE sites in Iraq and serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. This position will be responsible for operation and maintenance of electric power generation and distribution equipment and will report to the Power Plant Supervisor. The Power Plant Operator applies knowledge of CAT Eaton Switchgear systems. Able to maintain a newly constructed 26MW diesel fueled power plant and medium voltage distribution system. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Maintain a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Operate and maintain electric power generation and distribution equipment, records, logs and reports as required.
- Provide oral and written turnover documents or logs, to ensure continuity of maintenance during and between shifts.
- Attend required department and technical training.
- Evaluate job hazards and communicates information to staff verbally and in writing through various venues in a timely manner.
- Assist in developing new ideas to improve the quality, and safety of the power plant.
- Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in this field.
- Excellent plant/feeder and system monitoring skills with the ability to react and operate system prudently under stress and complex system faults.
- Very knowledgeable of overall grid and system architecture and able to assess and communicate complex technical issues to mechanical and electrical teams.
- Good understanding of PLC/Modbus protocols, HMI operations, and BAS systems.
- Able to interpret most diagrams, and manuals to diagnose and analyze simple to advance faults.
- Ability to troubleshoot down to component level on equipment.
- Caterpillar/Caterpillar Eaton factory trained and certified with Caterpillar/Eaton Switchgear.
- Must be able to pass the Plant Operator (POSS) and Power Plant Maintenance (MASS) exams
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in supporting power generation and distribution functions at an overseas facility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Ability to be innovative and affect change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED plus related technical training.
- Licenses and Certifications: Valid drivers’ license from Home of Record.
- Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance or be able to obtain a favorable US Government clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: English proficiency. Professional and effective communicator both orally and in writing to management, staff, colleagues and Program Officials. This includes, but is not limited to, staff meetings, division metrics, projects, Quality Standard Procedures, and safety practices.
- Citizenship: US Citizenship is required.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Technical degree a plus.
- Terminate, troubleshoot, test, & splice fiber optic cable in both indoor & outdoor environments
- Experience working with PAE.
Working And Living Conditions
This position may be located in a war zone, in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit pae.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.