Purpose and scope of assignment:
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Diversity and Social Inclusion Officer is responsible for performing the following duties:
Technical assistance, documentation and reporting
- Support the mainstreaming of gender and social inclusion across the project
- Provide analytical support to the project manager in the implementation of the project GESI
- Action Plan and related gender and social inclusion-specific activities and initiatives.
- Monitor progress and report on gender and social inclusion mainstreaming and GBV/SEAH
- safeguarding efforts across the project.
- Provide sound contributions to project stakeholders on GESI-related activities, including on
- gender-sensitive and inclusive engagement of community members.
- Document best practices and lessons learned on gender and social inclusion mainstreaming in the
- project and share these with relevant actors, including but not limited to the project team and
Gender-sensitive communication and capacity building
- Assist in the revision of project communication material to make sure it is gender-sensitive and
- addresses gender-related issues as relevant to the project
- Provide analytical support to the promotion of project-specific awareness raising activities on
- gender equality, social inclusion and Prevention and Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH) for project staff.
- Support in ensuring that safeguard instruments, including project Environmental and Social
- Management Frameworks and Plans (ESMF/P), include provisions on promoting gender equality
- and preventing gender-based violence (GBV) and Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (SEAH).
- Provide analytical support to the inclusion in the project Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM) of
- safe referral pathways for GBV/SEAH survivors.
- Build the capacity of all actors responsible for the project GRM on safe referral and the principles of a survivor-centered approach to GBV/SEAH.
- Support the project team in the implementation of the project PSEAH action plan, including the monitoring of prevention and mitigation measures
- Support the awareness raising of implementing partners, contractors and suppliers on PSEAH safeguarding in collaboration with the Amman Multi-Country office PSEA officer.
Coordination and knowledge sharing
- Participate in inter-agency and national initiatives, working groups and relevant coordination
- mechanisms on gender and GBV/PSEA at appropriate levels, to feed into project priorities.
- Act as the focal point for data related to gender, social inclusion and PSEAH within the projec
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in, Business Administration, Law or Social Science or any other related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferenably in Business Administration, Law or Social Science or any other related fiele with an additinal two (2) years of qualifiying expeince may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree
- Secondary School Diploma may be accepted with 8 years of experience
- 2 years of relevant experience in Gender and Social Inclusion Mainstreaming, Gender/Social Analysis and/or GBV/SEA prevention, safeguarding or protection
- Knowledge of UN policies, procedures and operations would be an asset
- Full fluency in Arabic and English is required.
Think big. Meet challenges head-on. Help people build better lives.
UNOPS embraces diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunities. Our workforce is made up of people from varied nationalities, cultures and races. They speak a range of languages and have different gender identities, sexual orientations, and abilities.
We encourage women and candidates from underrepresented groups in UNOPS to apply. These include candidates from racialized and/or indigenous groups, members of minority gender identities and sexual orientations, and people with disabilities. Click apply and join us!
Remarks: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unops.org.