COOPI is looking for an Education Project Manager in Iraq
COOPI is officially registered in Kurdish Region of Iraq and in Federal Iraq and has been active in Iraq since end of 2016 when started implementing a series projects in Education sector in Mosul district with funding from AICS and private donors. In 2019, COOPI started with WASH programming and emergency cash interventions in Salah ad Dihn governorate. In 2022 COOPI will bring WASH, education, child protection, and livelihoods programming in Iraq, to provide a holistic response to the needs of the most vulnerable returnees and IDPs, especially those living in informal settlements. This project represents the continuation of COOPI’s programme in country in the Education sector, which is planned to be creating link between humanitarian programming and durable solutions for the returnee population by promoting the socio-economic re-integration of vulnerable returnees and IDPs in the communities of origin. The project has a duration of 12 months and is located in Salah Al Din and Nineveh Governorate. The objective of the project is to contribute to ensure safe access to quality and inclusive educational services for the highly vulnerable displaced, refugee and returnee population.
Description of the role
Education Project manager is assigned with the responsibility to guarantee the effective implementation of the Education project activities and is responsible for the Education and CP activities’ execution, in technical, economic/financial terms, in terms of resources management on field, and in terms of internal and external reporting in compliance with COOPI and the donor’s procedures. He/she ensures the expected results attainment in budget management. He/she ensures the delivery of the project activities on-time, on-quality, on-budget.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Activity planning and management
- in cooperation with the coordination and project staff, s/he plans and monitors the activities’ progress, ensuring quality of the project implementation, in compliance with the contract signed with the donor and with COOPI and the donor’s procedures.
- In coordination with the Program Coordinator and in compliance with the country’s rules/laws and with the COOPI’s regulation in the country, s/he selects the local staff to be employed in project.
- S/he coordinates and supervises the work done by all the project staff, in compliance with the organization’s procedures.
- S/he is responsible for the initial and continuous training of the local staff under his/her responsibility
- Provides periodic evaluation of the local staff s/he supervise using the tools provided by the organization;
Administrative and financial management
- in collaboration with the Project Administrator/Country administrator s/he plans all expenditures on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Responsible for authorizing expenses and validating invoices.
- Periodically check the expenses incurred and their consistency with the approved budget.
- S/he regularly monitors all project expenditures and if there was no dedicated staff, s/he directly manages the accounting and the project cash safe/bank accounts, making use of the instruments made available by the organization.
- Participates in the drafting of the financial reports of the project ensuring their consistency with the narrative reports.
- In coordination with the Program Coordinator and Country administrator s/he ensures the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of all financial and narrative reports – monthly, interim and final – expected by the project. S/he is responsible for the preparation of all formal communication and contract modifications requests (ex. budget modification) of the project s/he manages.
- In cooperation with the Project Administrator and in coordination with the Country Administrator and Logistic Manager s/he prepares the Procurement Plan. S/he ensures the organization and donor’s procedures respect when purchasing goods and services
- Participate in the elaboration of the analysis grid for the selection of offers.
- S/he is responsible of the correct management of all goods purchased for the project, both directly and purchased by other offices/field offices. For all goods purchased by the project s/he supervise updates of the inventory list, in collaboration with the Logistic Manager.
- In collaboration with logistic and security manager, ensures the analysis of the security context in the project area and circulation of security information to and from the country coordination and the team. S/he is responsible for the application of the safety plan in force in the project area and participates in its updating
- In relation to the project of his/her competence, s/he communicates with the national partner, the local authorities which are competent in the aspects related to the project, the project’s partners and beneficiaries, in compliance with the organization’s guidelines.
New projects’ writing
- S/he cooperates with the program staff, analyzes possible opportunities of project designing and funding and elaborates and prepares necessary documents to present new projects, in accordance with the organization’s processes and procedures, to donors.
- S/he cooperates with the Head of Mission and Program staff to ensure all visibility materials (videos and photos) of the project.
Qualifications & Skills
- Higher Education (Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree) or an equivalent mix of relevant experience and education humanitarian, development cooperation, international relations or in the technical field of project implementation;
- At least 3 years of project management experience with demonstrable results and reporting responsibilities. Management of education project is desirable ;
- Excellent spoken and written knowledge of the English language, kurdish additional;
- Essential knowledge of projects financed by AICS;
- Experience in managing/supervising and evaluating staff, in liaising with donors and local authorities, other agencies and partners;
- Experience in work with national NGOs as implementing partner;
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility, strong sense of initiative and autonomy in work, pragmatism;
- Resistance to stress, ability to work under pressure and with imposed deadlines;
- Excellent ability to work in a team and for objectives, ability to train collaborators, assertiveness, decision-making aptitude;
- Aptitude for working in sensitive and complex political and security contexts and in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent listening, negotiation and communication skills;
- Interest and motivation to work in an NGO respecting its values and principles
How To Apply
To apply, interested candidates shall send her/his CV and cover letter by email to [email protected] with the following subject “Education Project Manager”.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding