Chugach Government Solutions, LLC
The federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation, CGS has been supporting critical missions as a government contractor for over 25 years. Our focus is to support facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction and education. We are proud to have built, and continue to foster, an incredibly talented team spanning across the globe in hundreds of different fields – each team member proud to serve our country with first-class business services, while also making a difference for our Chugach shareholders.
At CGS, empowering employees is a part of our core, and that focus is one of the ways we build and foster high-performing teams. We empower our employees through competitive compensation and benefits package, professional growth opportunities, truthful communication, and more!
If you are looking for an opportunity to serve something bigger than yourself; if you want your day job to be one that creates meaningful value; if you are looking for an environment that highly values employees and respects individual differences – then Chugach Government Solutions may be the right fit for you!
The Electrical Superintendent is a technical supervisory position based at Baghdad Embassy Compound (BEC) in Iraq and will serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. This position will take ownership of all facility electric and related projects to include maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, installation, and related electrical O&M. This position will report to the O&M Manager. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals.
- Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Take ownership of and oversee all facility electric and related projects.
- Perform work required for the repair, maintenance, installation and modernization of electrical systems for site building’s equipment.
- Locate and determine electrical malfunctions using test equipment.
- Repair malfunctions by such methods as replacing burned out elements, fuses, and replacing defective wiring, cleaning, repairing, or replacing motors.
- Test electrical equipment such as motors, heaters and controls for safety and efficiency, using standard test equipment and by observing functions.
- Install fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment.
- Inspect circuits for specified shielding and grounding.
- Report any malfunctions or lack of compliance with Statement of Work (SOW) to the O&M Manager.
- Perform inspections and prepares written reports.
- Maintain effective, timely, and respectful communication and interaction with other employees and manager and support other organizations.
- Perform other administrative tasks when directed, including material ordering, inventory, work scheduling and report preparation.
- Responsible for facility custodianship of work area and management of tools, equipment and spare parts for the electrical operation.
- Take initiative to analyze a situation and to make frequent technical decisions based on specifications, safety and electrical codes.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Five (5) years’ electrical experience in operations and maintenance services plus three (3) years’ experience in an Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) environment.
- Experience working with SOW, electrical diagrams, blueprints, sub-contractors, budgets, estimating, working drawings and as-built drawings.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED. Completion of a four or five-year Electrical Apprenticeship program or equivalent training with a Journeyman Certificate.
- Passport, Licenses and Certifications: As part of pre-contingency requirements, by the time the visa process starts, candidates must possess a valid passport with a minimum of 18 months remaining to expiration date with 8 blank pages.
- Valid drivers’ license from Home of Record.
- Active and current Electrician license in any state.
- Security Vetting: Active DOD or DOS Security Security clearance.
- Must maintain eligibility at the required certification level for the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by Chugach and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
Working and Living Conditions:
This position may be located in a war zone, in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
CGS will provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Chugach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, disability, genetic factors, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.chugachgov.com.