The Electrician position will be located at the Baghdad Embassy Compound (BEC) in Baghdad, Iraq. This Electrician position reports to the LCC Project Manager. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Reports to and receives assignments, instructions, and direction from the LCC Supervisor.
- Reads and interprets instructions and documentation and plans work activities.
- Moves materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work site.
- Maintains, repairs, and replaces or installs a broad range of electrical equipment and support systems for embassy operation and maintenance activities.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up activities.
- Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Performs other duties and activities as directed. Will be asked to work across Trades when Electrical work is not scheduled.
- Two to Five years of related electrical experience in new construction and renovation projects.
- Two to Five years of Overseas work experience
- Education: A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Security Vetting: MRPT Required.
- Language Skills: Professional English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination.
- Relevant overseas electrical experience.
- Previous out of home country experience is highly desirable and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions is a plus.
- Experience working with Amentum / PAE.
Other Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of ALL principles and processes involved in supporting electrical functions at an overseas facility.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer services.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Iraq for extended periods is required. Position may be located in a war zone in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment – temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere and extreme environment.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including but not limited to heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time; and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
- Must successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums.
- Must possess satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health and security measures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Amentum is a drug free workplace.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit pae.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.