US Army Corps of Engineers
This announcement is for Temporary deployment tours which vary in length depending on location. Tour lengths may be 6 months, 9 months or 1 year being the most often used.
Learn more about this agency
- Develop various engineering and technical data into forms useable by engineers through Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Utilize CADD/BIM systems including AutoCAD, Revit 3D modeling, Bentley Micro-Station, and other software databases such as word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and projectwise to provide support to architects and engineers
- Possess knowledge to arrive at sound and competent technical and administrative decisions for complex problems
- Ensures use of CADD and Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) is consistent with sound engineering principles and practices
- Assists management in the preparation of directives and policies related to the use of CADD and CAE applications by the engineering elements
- Manage databases of engineering products on projects within the District and provides technical support to engineers in the prosecution of their daily work for the production of reports, plans and specifications and drawings.
Conditions of Employment
- EMERGENCY ESSENTIAL – The incumbent is required to perform the duties and requirements of the position in the event of a crisis until relieved by proper authority. Essential Position Agreement, DD Form 2365, must be completed prior to deployment.
- IMMUNIZATION SCREENING – This position requires immunization with the complete Anthrax vaccination series and subsequent annual boosters.
- MEDICAL EXAMINATION – This position requires you to satisfactorily complete a medical examination for deployment.
- PASSPORT and VISA – This position requires the incumbent to possess or obtain and maintain an official US passport and VISA as applicable based on duty location.
- WORK SCHEDULE – This position may entail extended work shifts that last 12-16 hours a day. Lack of sleep may occur due to long working hours.
- LIVING CONDITIONS – The incumbent’s living conditions range from having all basic amenities such as including utilities like: light, power, water, and refrigeration; to having none of these amenities
- SECURITY CLEARANCE – This position has been designated as non-critical sensitive as defined in DOD 5200.2-R. The incumbent is required to possess or obtain and maintain, for the duration of employment, a Secret security clearance.
- If you are current Army employee, this will be temporary reassignment, promotion or change to lower grade.
- If you are an Army employee wo does NOT have current competitive status, return placement to your permanent position cannot be guaranteed upon the end of your deployment tour. USACE will not be responsible for placement once your deployment tour ends.
- All deployment tours are limited to a maximum length of 2 years total unless Mission changes require an extension; approval is required**
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify for the position based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: developing various engineering and technical data scope of designs and complexity into forms useable by engineers for civil, military projects through the use of techniques such as Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD), Building Information Modeling (BIM) and other software databases. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11). All qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Building and Construction
- Technical Problem Solving
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone–no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Position may require employee to wear uniform and/or protective clothing.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 18 – Engineers & Scientists (Construction) position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Overseas unaccompanied tour. Family members (spouse, children) will not be allowed to accompany the selectee to the duty location of this position.
- TDY Contingency Operations deployment benefits: http://www.tad.usace.army.mil/Careers/Deployments/OIR/Deployment-Benefits/
- TDY Contingency Operations deployment locations and entitlements: http://www.tad.usace.army.mil/Portals/53/docs/USACE%20Overseas%20Contingency%20Operations%20TDY%20Locations%20and%20Entitlements.pdf
- Help A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
RB-W31R10 US ARMY ENG DIV TAD EXP ENG DIS
DO NOT MAIL
Winchester, VA 22604
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.