Al-Mesalla Organization for Human Resources Development
Terms of Reference
Consultancy Title: Livelihood Officer
Duration of contract: 3 months (renewable)
Duty Station: Snnuni, Dohla
Brief description of the organization
Al-Masalla Organization for Human Resources Development is a non-governmental organization registered in the Non-Governmental Organizations Department in the Federal Government and the Kurdistan Regional Government. Al-Mesalla has three programs: Nonviolence and peacebuilding program, which focuses on promoting peace and social cohesion within society, where our staff work to promote harmony and coexistence between different citizens, through the various activities that we implement in several Iraqi governorates. Women and Gender program focuses on empowering women to play an active role in society, and this is done through specialized courses and training to help and empower women economically and build their capacities in various fields. Human Rights Program: It focuses on promoting community empowerment and building its capabilities in various fields, such as childhood development, economic empowerment, environmental development, and others. Also, since June 2014, the Al-Mesalla has developed its services to the refugee and displaced communities in Iraq, where it hastened to provide emergency support to the displaced by working in the camps, to help them overcome the humanitarian crisis.
“Community Security and Integration Process (CSIP-IV)” is a partnership project that will implement by Al-Mesalla and its partner UNDP. This program aims to improve service access, and socio-economic empowerment and enhance recognition for Iraqi IDPs, Returnees, and host communities, by providing Livelihood, MHPSS, and other services with a strong focus on capacity-building of the local community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out community mobilization, beneficiary identification, selection, and registration processes timely, and transparently in accordance with the program guidelines related.
- Participate in various field assessments and surveys including; market research, needs assessment, baseline surveys, and pre-post training surveys.
- Develop training schedules in close collaboration with the business trainer.
- Organize, facilitate, and support the running of business training, EASE training, grants disbursement, and IGAs establishment process.
- Regularly monitor program activities’ progress against the program work plan promptly identifying any current or potential delays and providing timely inputs and feedback to the Management.
- Establish clear beneficiary follow-up mechanisms and ensures that appropriate actions are made.
- Compile and submit regular project updates/reports to the Management and promptly identify and recommend solutions to technical issues.
- Prepare purchase and payment requests related to ERD and undertake necessary steps.
- Ensure all activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection for beneficiary questionnaires, regular market monitoring, and pre-post training surveys.
- Establish and maintain transparent, functional, and respectful relationships with target communities and partners to ensure the program is well understood and expectations are in line with the program objectives.
- Fully comply with IRC safety and security procedures and provide input to security monitoring and assessments to enable and promote a safe and secure environment for program implementation.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business management or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in Livelihoods programming in a role related to assessment and training is required.
- Very good in English and Fluent in the Arabic language is required.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Experience working with people from different backgrounds.
- Belief in human rights including gender equality.
- Motivated, dynamic; able, and willing to take initiative.
- Female is highly preferred.
How To Apply
Al-Mesalla implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
Al-Mesalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer Al-Mesalla considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
NOTE:- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date will not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the urgency, Al -Mesala reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline
How TO APPLY
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Please submit your CV and a Cover letter as a PDF or WORD to ([email protected]), other formats rather than PDF or WORD will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application.
subject : Field Officer