Prepares, coordinates and monitors the country/project/program budget. Contributes to growth and diversification of revenue by assisting in budget management of the projects or program during implementation Maintains banking relations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the project leader, participates as a project team member. Shares and contributes financial expertise and advises the project leader on financial content matter in relation to the project.
- Coordinates all financial transactions using the correct financial system and cost centers. Checks the cash forecast, cash payments, cash advance and cash reimbursements. Makes support visits, audit implementing partners, assess utilized project funds and advice on accounting
- Establishes and maintains sound financial management systems and provide administration support. Perform and check monthly bank reconciliations and closing statements. Preparing, filing and tracking of financial documents for incoming and outgoing correspondence and records
- Ensures that accounting principles, standards and all transactions are in line with donor requirements, government and legal regulations. Maintain knowledge or required rules and regulations related to project and activities that affect the budget.
- Prepares and compiles financial documentation supporting financial settlements and assists in the preparation of financial statements and reports.
- Interprets financial reports and expenditure analysis to (project and financial) staff and management
- Any other duties assigned by the manager.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding, and any suggested violation to Cordaid’s Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear, or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
Qualifications & Skills
- University degree or specialized technical certificate plus a professional qualification e.g ACCA, CIPS, CIS.
- At least 3-5 years progressive experience and exposure in the related field of activity
- Knowledge of finance systems, planning & control, (computerized) accounting, (compliance) legislation, reporting standards and languages.
- Knowledge of the mission and goals of the Cordaid program and the security policy.
- Behavioral values and skills: accountability, sustainability, respect, diversity & inclusion, flexibility, creativity, collaboration
- Social skills to ensure compliance and gather reliable information from budget holders and lead local staff.
- Writing skills to formulate financial reports
- Very good English, Arabic written and spoken.
- Ability to work effectively in harsh conditions
- Ability to provide strong leadership in especially difficult circumstances
- A strong team player
- Has integrity
- Provide strong leadership in difficult situations
- Strong networking skills
- Ability to correctly analyze problem situations
How To Apply
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV in English, with the contact details of three professional references and Valid Driver’s License . to [email protected], before the deadline which is 26 Feb, 2023.
Note: Please include the “FO-B2023” in the subject line of your email. Any email without the subject line will not be considered.
Due to the urgency, Cordaid reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
for any information about Cordaid organization, please visit our website: www.cordaid.org
Cordaid is fully committed to a safe working environment and the highest integrity standards. To read more on our commitment to Integrity, click here: https://www.cordaid.org/en/who-we-are/integrity-and-code-of-conduct/. An integrity screening will be part of this application procedure