A firefighter is a will be responsible for responding to emergency situations involving fire, hazardous materials, accidents, sabotage, and natural disasters (if any). Firefighters will be responsible for extinguishing all types of fires on AFAB, rescue people and animals, and provide emergency medical care to those in need. Work as a team to ensure the safety of others at the base and themselves.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform as a firefighter to protect life and property in response to all types of fires and other emergencies including burning structures, airfield crash, brush and rangeland fires, and hazardous material such as fuel, ammunition, and poisonous chemicals.
- Perform fire prevention inspections and pre-fire planning risk assessment.
- Perform minor repairs and routine service on equipment.
- Operate a variety of firefighting equipment, including structural firefighting vehicles, Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting vehicles, Mobile Water Supply Apparatus and associated equipment.
- Operate equipment such as two-way radios, pumps, valves, etc.
- Conducts salvage and overhaul work for fire investigation, using protective firefighting equipment, and the use of communications equipment in the performance of these duties.
- Provide basic first aid, CPR and uses automated external defibrillator (AED) at medical emergencies.
- Respond to hazard material incidents, and takes action to protect nearby persons, the environment or property from the effects of the release.
- If required and properly certified, drive and operate fire department apparatus, which may include structural, aircraft rescue and fire fighting (ARFF), Mobile Water Supply, and rescue vehicles.
- Operate fire pumps and determines pump pressure for hose lines and sprinkler/standpipe systems.
- Perform hazard and risk assessment and conducts a complete incident analysis. Conducts immediate incident surveys to completely identify materials involved, determines specific hazardous materials that have been released, analyzes surrounding conditions to identify the materials and containers involved; predicts behavior of a material and/or container and recommends mitigation actions.
- Perform structural firefighting duties for a variety of facilities, which may include large multi-storied buildings, industrial areas, and/or base storage facilities and maintains firefighting equipment and fire station facilities. Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
- Perform Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting in support of the F-16, and any other aircraft that may declare an emergency while at Balad.
- Participate in a mandatory Physical Fitness program as required by the department Health and Safety Plan.
- All other duties as required in support of Fire Department mission goals.
Qualifications And Certifications
- Must have the following certifications:
IFSAC or ProBoard certification to include
- Firefighter I & II
- Airport Firefighter
- Haz-Mat Awareness
- Haz-Mat Operations
- Driver / Operator – Pumper
- Driver / Operator – Aircraft Rescue Firefighting
- Driver / Operator – Mobile Water Supply
- Telecommunicator I & II
- Valid HOR driver’s license.
Skills, Abilities And Years Of Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- Communicates effectively in writing, on the telephone and in person with staff, clients and members of the community
- Employee must be able to fluently read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Solution focused
- Culturally aware
Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For OFCCP compliance, the taxable entity associated with this job posting is:
Sallyport Global Services/Acuity Eng & Tech Servs(FCN/LCN Employees)
To apply for this job please visit acuityinternational.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.