- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Report to the General Maintenance Tech Lead (GMTL) regarding work completed referring unusual technical or personnel issues.
- Perform a variety of skilled work in the maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment. Prioritize, schedule, and coordinate the work of assigned by the GMTL and accomplish a wide variety of duties related to maintenance technician duties.
- Rebuild, and or repair facilities including various wood and metal structures, equipment, and furniture. Prepare surfaces for painting and varnishing and apply surface coverings as required.
- Assure compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable building codes, regulations and requirements.
- Operate a variety of equipment and machines including saws, drill presses and various hand and power tools to perform repair and maintenance work. Properly maintain tools and equipment daily for a safe working condition.
- Perform a variety of skilled building maintenance including repairs to doors, windows, and construct or assemble furniture and other wood and metal structures as required.
- Maintain various records related to material inventories and work orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Acceptable Experience Level: Two (2) years’ compatible maintenance experience in residential facility.
- As part of pre-contingency requirements, by the time the visa process starts, candidates must possess a valid passport of home country with a minimum of 18 months remaining to expiration date with 8 blank pages.
- Valid driver’s license from Home of Record.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED.
- Security Vetting: Already possess a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or be able to obtain a favorable MRPT certification prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification level for the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by Amentum and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Previous out of home country experience is highly desirable and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions is a plus.
- Experience working with Amentum.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.