- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Complete daily work assignments provided by supervisor.
- Maintain the Power Generation equipment at the site location.
- Perform preventive maintenance, condition monitoring, repair, installation, and modernization of all stationary diesel engines for prime and emergency power
- Test all work performed under his/her control.
- Correct all defects by adjusting, cleaning, repairing, and replacement of defective items and components.
- Report any malfunctions or lack of compliance with the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to the Power Generation Supervisor.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled inspections, repairs, and maintenance.
- Maintain effective, timely, and respectful communication and interaction with other employees, managers, and support other organizations.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize data for report preparation.
- Maintain the appropriate technical library and record-keeping, which documents all procedures necessary to accomplish assigned responsibilities.
- Be responsible for facility custodianship of work area and management of hand, power and shop tools.
- Take initiative to analyze a situation and to make frequent technical decisions based on specifications, safety, and electrical codes.
- Evaluate operational effectiveness and develop/maintain effective operational control mechanisms.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum Acceptable Experience Level: Five (5) years’ experience in operations and maintenance of a large plant, facility, base, or municipality, with specific experience in the maintenance and repair of diesel engines.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Hands-on knowledge regarding the maintenance and repair of stationary and small engines.
- Knowledge and experience with hand, power, and shop tools of the trade.
- Knowledge of applicable Manufacturer Specifications and accepted trade practices.
- Knowledge and experience regarding occupational hazards of the electrical and mechanical trades, related safety precautions, and considerable skill required for the installation, maintenance, and repair of power generation systems and equipment.
- Good organizational and communication skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in operating and maintaining diesel engines at an overseas facility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED.
- Passport, Licenses and Certifications:
- As part of pre-contingency requirements, by the time the visa process starts, candidates must possess a valid passport with a minimum of 18 months remaining to expiration date with 8 blank pages.
- Valid drivers’ license and valid truck driver’s license
- Certification as a Diesel-Powered Generator Technician or five (5) years’ experience performing maintenance, troubleshooting and repair for generators ranging from100kW to 1600kW.
- Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance or Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or be able to obtain a favorable MRPT certification or US Government clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
- Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by Amentum And our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Relevant overseas generator mechanic experience.
- Experience working with SOP, sub-contractors, budgets, estimating, and working drawings.
- Previous out of home country experience is highly desirable and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions is a plus.
- Experience working with Amentum -PAE.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Labor Law Posters
EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.