Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics related activities in the hospital according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to provide support for its medical activities and to ensure the optimal management of the project.
- Apply Leading and directing all support activities in the hospital, in close collaboration with the clinical and nursing leadership, and developing, assessing and implementing the logistics strategy, policies, tools and procedures specifically in the areas of Biomedical, Mechanical, Construction, Energy, Transport, Hospital Supply Applied Security and EPREP. When required, bidding and managing the hospital improvements, maintenance and construction budget and directing construction requirements.
- Responsible for the implementation and ensuring the proper functioning of the hospital facilities and structures whether linked to development, installation, maintenance and improvement in accordance with MSF standards and development protocols.
- Ensuring that hospital occupational health and safety systems are in place, maintained and updated when needed (e.g. fire safety including emergency planning, hospital access and security).
- Responsible for safe and efficient waste management and managing hospital WHS in partnership with the responsible WHS specialist and together delivering a comprehensive hospital vector control mechanism.
- Supporting the project and hospital logistician in the implementation of the Hospital Logistics Tool Kit (HLT) and provide training for its efficient implementation. Ensuring that all staff in the project are informed of the proper use of the hospital’s infrastructure, equipment and communication tools.
- Providing technical reference to all logistical/technical problems and providing guidance to the logistics staff under his/her responsibility. When applicable, supervising the LOG (Biomed, Mechanic and Electrician) and WHS specialist teams.
- Defining and monitoring the technical aspects of the reduction of political risk of the project, transportation, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of security policy and guidelines, evacuation plans and contingency, monitoring daily the application of safety rules and report to the Logistics Team Leader and/or Project Coordinator any problem that may arise.
- Participating in the writing of the monthly reports according to guidelines.
Qualifications & Skills
- Essential secondary education and a technical diploma or technical university diploma preferably engineer.
- At least 2 years work experience in logistics related to activities, supply chain, WHS or facilities management.
- Essential thorough understanding of logistics issues in developing countries (e.g. communications, energy, building maintenance) and management of a multi-skilled and diverse team.
- Management and organizational capacities
Desirable competency in English, and fluency in Arabic is essential.
How To Apply
Deadline for receiving job applications is 6th March 2023
If you are confident about your qualifications meeting the requirements, please send your cv’s to [email protected] and mention the job title Hospital Facility Manager in the subject line or drop your application in closed envelope and mention the job title on it in the CV box at the MSF OCB Office in East Mosul.