NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
- Implement NRC systems and procedures across all NRC Iraq offices.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, procedures, and applicable national laws.
- Train and develop NRC staff on various related matters.
- Coordinate with relevant parties including NRC staff, Line Managers, external service providers, etc.
- Prepare and submit periodic and ad hoc reports on various activities and as requested by NRC management.
- Support NRC staff and line managers on all related matters.
- Ensure that activities and related paperwork are properly documented and filed for easy retrieval.
- Ensure standardization and compliance of related policies, procedures, and practices across all field offices
- Liaise with CO in all HR and admin-related matters.
- Implement and train staff in NRC’s HR policies and procedures at the Area office.
- Develop a recruitment plan and ensure recruitment procedures are implemented in accordance with NRC guidelines.
- Train and develop the capacity of HR and line managers on HR-related matters.
- Ensure that staff Entry and Exit Procedures/checklists are well established and implemented at the AO.
- Follow up and advise on the Implementation of NRC Performance Management system and report accordingly
- Prepare the monthly payroll for all national staff and ensure accurate calculation of allowances, deductions, and benefit schemes as per the TOE that includes payments to social security and taxes authorities.
- Responsible of HR archiving at the AO that includes but is not limited to all related personnel management, staff database, access control, attendance, leave balances, and documentation to ensure compliance of filing using hard copy personnel files and e-filing
- Conduct regular field visits to support and spot checks
- Responsible on staff database management in the NRC People system.
- Responsible of HR and Admin staff management.
- Responsible for office and GH general management
- Ensure the office and GH are very well established to have a healthy working and living environment.
- Ensure regular maintenance and repair of NRC rental building at all locations.
- Ensure timely payment of phone bills.
- Ensure closing monitoring of office and GH supplies in all locations.
- Responsible for accommodation management of visitors (NRC staff and other partners) in all locations
Competencies are important for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience working as a HR Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- BA Degree in Business administration or Human Resources Management
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in Human Resources
- Understanding of the relevant laws and statutory requirements.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and team working skills.
- Wide knowledge of NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector
- A strong administrative service orientation
- Good employer-employee contract negotiation skills
- Personal conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good computer application skills in Microsoft office
How To Apply
- Contract Duration: 10 months
- Duty Station: Baghdad- Iraq
- Health Insurance is provided
- Salary: G7/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- For more information please read Job Description