ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross) - Baghdad
Contributes to planning the learning and development activities in the delegation. Delivers the learning and development courses in the country according to the objectives set for the delegation.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Carries out and provides support for leaning and development programmes in the delegation and contributes to evaluating learning and development programmes.
- Contributes to analysing learning needs in the delegation.
- Contributes to the administrative and logistical organization of learning and development programmes in the delegation.
- Carries out reporting related to learning and development activities in the delegation.
- Carries out the fitting learning and development courses for the national society.
- In absence of learning and development unit responsible, acts as a person in charge of the unit.
- Contributes to updating the language policy for the delegation and ensures its implementation.
- Clears all the relevant invoices of the learning and development activities for the service providers.
- Prepares all the requests orders for the learning and development program in the delegation.
- Prepares the application documents for holding events and shares them with the concerned departments.
- Identifies and invites the resource people according to the topics assigned in the working to the ICRC course.
- Under the supervision of the learning and development responsible conducts different modules of ad hoc training designed by the learning and development.
- Contributes to annual planning and budgeting of the learning and development courses for the delegation.
- Prepares the learning and development priority list and ensures its update regularly and in collaboration with the learning and development responsible and HRM, contributes to the selection process of participants.
- Prepares training handouts for all the learning and development courses in the delegation.
- Contributes when necessary to the contracting of external providers.
- Organizes training facilities (venue, services, stationery and equipment);
- Tracks the attendance of pax in the learning and development database at a global level and the delegation level.
- Conducts satisfaction evaluation for all the learning and development courses in the delegation.
- Ensures the training courses conducted by external providers are evaluated.
- Explains the access criteria to all the staff in the delegation.
Education and Professional Experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences (Business, management, psychology, or similar)
- Minimum of three years overall professional experience in Talent Management, capacity building, training, Learning and development and HR or related fields.
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers, instructors, or customer representatives.
- Communications Skills and analytical thinker.
- Designing of Learning and capacity building Programmes.
- English and Arabic language Fluency is mandatory, Kurdish language is considered as an asset
- Computer Literacy is mandatory.
How To Apply
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates are invited to send their application to [email protected] and write in the subject line “Surname, First name/ Position Name”.
The application should contain a:
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts.
- Cover Letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for this position and your salary expectations; and
- Minimum of (2) two professional references.
Please note that:
- Applications will only be accepted for Iraqi nationals.
- The successful candidate will undergo a three month-probation period.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NB: Should you not have received a response from the ICRC within one month of submission of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting or processing.