MSFF - Medecins Sans Frontieres - France
Médecins Sans Frontières / MSF is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF France is seeking for: LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR / Level 6
Supervising the daily logistics activities/IT and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the Project.
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards.
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules ; Participating in project team meetings ; and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks.
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting, treating, receive orders and deliveries logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities.
- drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment.
- Briefs international and national new arrivals on logistics, safety and communication aspects of the project.
- Responsible to draft logistics periodic project reports on regular basis.
- Prepare Monthly Logistic Cash Request for the project in time. Monitoring, maintaining and following up on all Information Technology (IT) and Telecom equipment, tools and services in the mission, in accordance with MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures;
- Supervising, implementing and improving data security protocols (data saving, firewall, User Access right, backup, security for equipment and software, etc.) to ensure data security, availability, and immediate operational recovery and continuity in case of emergency;
- Providing technical support and presenting MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures to all users. Providing advanced technical support to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems. When needed, liaise with the Information Systems (IS) Specialist and/or HQ Technical Referent for 2nd line support, as well as with external providers, to ensure any incidents or problems that cannot be solved at his/her level are appropriately escalated;
- Providing educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to all users. Providing advanced educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems; security systems and support shreek/sharing file support
- Providing regular activity reports for the sites under his/her responsibility in accordance with MSF guidelines. Updating and archiving all user and ICT (Information and Communications Technology) related documentation due to changes in the IT and Telecom infrastructures;
- Participating in the establishment of the annual budget of the IT and Telecom families. Providing his/her technical expertise in the local purchase process;
- Planning, preparing and reporting the visits to the site(s) under his/her responsibility to ensure the preceding points;
- Performing any other task, specific to his/her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager.
- MSF-F Iraq currently has 1 project – BMRC OPD/coordination.
- This position will therefore work closely with the Mission Log and other Project responsible.
Essential secondary education and formal technical training
At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
Language English essential; local language desirable
Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
· Results and Quality Orientation L2
· Teamwork and Cooperation L2
· Behavioural Flexibility L2
· to MSF Principles L2
· Stress Management L3
How To Apply
How to apply:
Applicants must submit their CVs and cover Letter no later than 21st February 2023 to the following address: [email protected]
Stating the job title in the subject line: LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR
We strongly encourage you to submit your application as early as possible
SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Deadline : 2023-02-21source: NCCI