SEED Foundation is seeking a consultant to conduct a market analysis and livelihood capacity assessment to support strategic planning and inform program design for an upcoming funding opportunity. The purpose of the market analysis and livelihood capacity assessment is to provide an understanding of the local markets in Erbil, Duhok, and Sulaimani Governorates in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI) and labor demand, and identify the needs, skills, and interests of target groups, including host communities, IDPs and refugees. In particular, the assessment will provide an analysis of the different and specific needs of women and men with consideration for the specific context in each location. It will also provide an overview of the context in which livelihoods will take place, including legal and policy considerations and any existing barriers for specific groups to access livelihoods opportunities
Scope of Consultancy:
- Analyze local markets, including current goods, services and employment in demand in the local market.
- Provide a summary of the employment situation in the KRI, including the governorates of Duhok, Erbil, and Sulaimani and analyze the factors influencing unemployment/employment.
- Analyze employers’ needs (skilled and unskilled) and the competencies and skills of available labor, particularly in new and potential growth sectors in the economy.
- Identify livelihood needs, skills, and interests of host communities, refugees, and IDPs, with consideration of demographics and local context.
- Provide recommendations for livelihoods opportunities for target groups and/or livelihoods integration into SEED’s current programming.
- Market Analysis and Livelihoods Capacity Assessment report shall be completed by the end of the assignment, in English.
- Original data to be submitted to SEED Foundation.
- Presentation of recommendations.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
- CV of consultant;
- Work plan and timeline for conducting the work.
- Details of comparable experience;
- Articulation of knowledge network (i.e. does the consultant not only have a personal knowledge base to draw from but a network to consult, if necessary);
- Consultancy plan and budget.
- At least five years of experience in a management/leadership position in operations.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an ability to conduct face-to face or remote learning events.
- Provide at least 3 references.
- Ability to travel to and stay in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
- Experience in NGOs and working in humanitarian settings is a must.
- Minimum of five years of experience in livelihoods programming.
- Experience leading market assessments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in Iraq and/or the Middle East strongly preferred.
Fluency in English is required; knowledge of Arabic and/or Kurdish is a plus.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The consultant will be managed by SEED’s Program Development and Reporting Manager.
- The consultant will be required to utilize his/her own technology equipment and maintain workable Zoom and email accounts for communication.
- All materials produced by the consultant during the period of this consultancy will belong to SEED.
- The consultant must sign SEED’s Code of Conduct, and abide by all provisions of these policies for the duration of the consultancy period.
- The consultant will not extend the assignment duration of the agreement, namely five working days. If more time is needed to perform the assignment, the consultant will notify SEED in advance and request approval to extend the number of working days.
How to apply
EVALUATION AND AWARD PROCESS
All proposals will be reviewed by a team of not-less-than-three members, which comprises representation from across the organization.
Proposals will be evaluated on:
- Evidenced experience developing, reviewing or program development.
- Experience in NGOs and working in humanitarian settings with main donors such as USG or USAID requirements is preferred but not required.
- Cost efficiency and value for money.
- Ability to facilitate a consultative process.
- The consultant provides a work plan and timeline for carrying out the required.
- Work plan and timeline for conducting the required work.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION PROCESS AND TIMELINE
RFP submissions must be received by email to [email protected] by February 14, 2023. The review process will be completed in two weeks, with the results communicated through email.
Closing date: 14 Feb 2023