- 70% of time for field activities where 60% will be engaging HCPs and external partners across territory and brands (10% for preparation of visits and calls with KEEs for appointments)
- Proactively identify HCPs with high levels of scientific expertise in local treatment practice to collaborate on specific medico marketing activities.
- Development and implementation of KEE engagement plan in collaboration with MSL/Medical/Line Manager and TA lead. Review with MSL/Medical/Line Manager this plan every quarter, develop KEE visits plan – this includes pre-call visit/engagement plan with clear objectives of visit, key points discussion for the visit, data to be shared and discussed with the KEE for each KEE in the list.
- Develop own scientific knowledge for discussion on all aspects of the data to be shared with KEE in a scientific, objective, and balanced way through 1:1 discussion. Prepare for such interactions with peer group discussions. Respond to unsolicited requests for information about unapproved AZ products or unapproved uses of approved products, communicating such information in an objective, scientifically balanced, substantiated manner. Develop database of Key opinion leaders and provide recommendations for advisory board participation.
- To proactively provide scientific updates and information to KEEs and identify the relevance of the data to the scientific community.
- Jointly develop the market/local EE engagement plan with other MSLs, identify and segment KEEs according to their scientific interest and related affiliations and build the EE network pre- and post-launch.
Build and maintain trust-based relationships with Respiratory external partners Develop or initiate scientific programs to explore unmet medical needs in priority disease area(s)
- Build AZ relationship with key external partners (e.g., patient advocacy groups, key medical organisations, hospital pharmacy). Find opportunities to collaborate with such external stakeholders. Provide scientific support in CME events and through appropriate medical sponsorships/partnership.
- Act as scientific expert in the disease area(s) by communicating therapeutic updates to external partners.
- Assisting with the facilitation of local research projects
- Work with HCPs in scientific activities that help advance disease understanding.
- Identify and recommend KEEs for Advisory Boards.
- Identify potential speakers and train speakers as appropriate.
- Interact in the field with the medical community in the context of various medical projects, such as clinical trials, ESRs, scientific exchange meetings.
- Discuss potential involvement in Local Medical Research such as ESR and RWEs
- Respond to unsolicited off label questions from KEEs.
Act as scientific expert in priority Respiratory area(s) for internal partners
- Continuously acquire and update vital scientific knowledge on therapeutic area and relevant compounds.
- Provide the AZ internal partners with an understanding of the local medical community, clinical practice, trends and real or perceived gaps in current scientific knowledge and medical treatment, competitor information
- Provide regular update on partnerships with HCPs, as speakers, or in the context of medical projects
- Initiate and conduct appropriate AZ staff training & development on information regarding current and emerging clinical data and emerging trends in clinical medicine and practice within TA
- Sharing KEEs’ insights to the brand team meetings and provide input for the development of company’s Medical and Brand plans
- To work with internal cross functional team on formulary listing.
- Provide scientific support at AZ sponsored informative events
- Gather, monitor, and share competitor knowledge that may affect company strategies
- Planning and executing regional medical activities during the product launch processes.
Continuously demonstrate development of scientific expertise in respiratory disease area(s) of company focus
- Attend relevant scientific congresses and HCP meetings to capture new knowledge on AZ compounds, competitor information and therapeutic area
- Positive engagement and response to mentor and feedback received from MSL manager and TA lead.
- In daily work takes time to reflect on customer interactions and works on areas agreed with MSL manager as priorities for development. Develop functional capability in the role
- Proactively demonstrate the AZ Values
- Identify areas for self-development and discuss developmental needs with line manager using the
- 70-20-10 principle (experiential learning, mentor/networking/relationship-based learning, and classroom training) Active participation in AZ training, projects, and meetings depending on development needs
Compliance with relevant company and industry code of Conduct and to follow local country codes
- Keep regular update and operate within the relevant Codes of Conduct, Ethical Interactions (EI), including GPEI and SOPs, AZ Global MSL Guide
- Be sure to understand AZ policies when engage to KEEs and external partners.
- Assignment of MSL required job role over SABA Cloud
Minimum Criteria and Proficiencies:
- For internal candidates: Minimum 3 years’ experience in AstraZeneca with current position of Sr. Medical Rep (D2) or Executive Medical Rep (D3)
- For external candidates: Minimum of 4 – 5 years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry with successful achievement record
- Advanced scientific degree or PhD in a life science, with clinical knowledge of assigned therapeutic area.
- Ability to interact and manage a range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Driving License
- Respiratory experience is of added value
- knowledge of presentation, negotiation, and leadership techniques
- Skill in interpersonal network relationship with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Availability for business trips.
- English fluency.
To apply for this job please visit New%20URL.