Médecins sans Frontières Belgium / Doctors Without Borders Belgium
Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, and to victims of armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed, or political convictions. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claims full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
MSF – Belgium is recruiting
Supervising the BEmONC-maternity clinical activities and ensuring the provision of quality midwifery care for the OPD and IPD sexual and reproductive health services to all women and the neonates, according to the MSF protocols. To ensure the implementation of universal hygiene standards during the provision of sexual and reproductive health services in the BEmONC.
- Supervising, supporting and evaluating the team under his/her responsibility particularly midwives, midwife assistants and other related staff in her team such as cleaners. Planning and organizing their work (areas, days, absences, visits, holidays, etc) and coaching them in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures
- Ensuring teamwork and a professional relationship between maternity and other departments.
- Supervising the clinical activities in all the maternity departments and activities such as ante-natal consultations, delivery and after delivery follow up, post-natal consultations, family planning consultations, new-born vaccinations and liaising with the Medical Doctor about the patients who need special care times, visiting hours, etc
- Ensuring that the staff on duty knows, implements and follows at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control in the medical premises ensuring high standards of hygiene in the working environment
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained, cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols, reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Being responsible for the department-related pharmacy activities (stock and consumption monitoring) as well as maintenance of the medical equipment
- Being responsible for ensuring that all the administrative procedures, patients’ data and documents are filled in correctly and registered for compiling monthly reports reflecting the activity in the department
- In certain contexts, being responsible for ensuring that the maternity staff is able to identify, receive and provide care to the victims of the SGBV in collaboration with the Obs Gyne MD and following the protocols.
Education: Diploma of Midwife (or any Diploma recognized in the country and /or the Ministry of Health to practice as such)
Experience: Minimum 2-year experience as Midwife
- Local language essential
How To Apply
If you are confident that you meet the above requirements:
Send your Motivation Letter & CV in English to:
[email protected] or drop your application in a closed envelope and mention the job title on it in the CV box at the MSF OCB Office in East Mosul.
Deadline for receiving job applications is 21st February 2023
ALWAYS CLEARLY MENTION THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Shortlisted but not selected CVs may be kept in a file in case of future vacancies. MSF has the right to postpone or cancel this recruitment.