iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
Description of Duties
The M&E Officer is responsible for all tasks assigned by the TPM Project Coordinator, as follows.
Site Visit Monitoring Preparation:
- Assist in the preparation of work and movement plans to conduct site visits.
- Coordinate with IPs within the area of assignment to support the TPM team’s site visits, according to the TPM work and movement plan.
- Contribute to the development, updating, and reviewing of tools for data collection.
- Conduct testing of all new and updated tools within the mobile data collection platform.
Site Visit Monitoring Activities:
- Conduct field observations at the sites of completed and ongoing activities to verify the information reported to PM/WRA.
- Conduct data collection activities (Direct observations, Key Informant Interviews, Focus Group Discussions) as defined in the TPM methodology using the relevant tools.
- Conduct case study interviews (testimonies) with selected beneficiaries to highlight the impact of the CWD activities.
- Ensure all field data is captured within the TPM database, using Kobo Collect tools.
- Support the TPM Information Management Officer in the data verification process and conducting data analysis.
- Prepare TPM individual site visit reports including collation and attachment of relevant support documentation, including photographs and case studies.
- Appropriately document all reports for review by the TPM Project Coordinator and conduct any required revisions, according to feedback received.
- Support the Communications Officer to prepare case studies, based on the beneficiary case study interviews conducted.
- On a routine basis collect, collate, and report on challenges and internal lessons learned throughout the TPM process.
- Conduct any other duties from time to time, as requested by the line manager.
- Conduct desk review of IPs’ quarterly reports to PM/WRA to verify the accuracy of reports.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to execute activities independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to establish relationships.
- Knowledge of Iraq’s cultural, political, and geographical context.
- Knowledge and understanding of mine action mandates and operations are required.
- Knowledge and previous experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and field data collection activities are essential.
- Capacity to produce coherent and good-quality reports.
- Capacity to think critically and analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data.
- General computer skills (use of MS Office package, Internet, MS Teams)
- High level of motivation and proactivity
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours at various locations.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Well-organized, self-starter.
- Interpersonal skills and personal maturity, tact, courtesy, patience, adaptability, initiative, cooperativeness, and resourcefulness.
Academic Qualifications / Experience / Language
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, humanitarian and/or development studies, or relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in conducting monitoring and evaluation activities, including field data collection.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in implementing community engagement-related activities (focus group discussions, key informant interviews, etc.)
- Experience in a mine action-related field is required.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Very good working knowledge of:
- English, and Arabic for the Center region
- English, Arabic, and Kurdish for North region
How To Apply
- Number of Vacant Positions: 2
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply for these positions.
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
Apply : Monitoring&Evaluation Officer