Schedule: Office Hours
Effectiveness defined strategies and action plans cannot be measured and steered without a robust monitoring and evaluation Framework. The M&E Framework will ensure documentation of relevant plans and procedures in line with Company requirements and Industry International Best Practices, define specific metrics to assess progress of the action plans via a set of quantitative and qualitative indicators aligned with the general objectives of TEEPRH cascaded into Sustainability objectives. The Job holder will be responsible to ensure a robust framework is implemented to monitor performance, understand & propose revision of plans when weak signals are identified, report on results against objectives and compile metrics to be used for communication.
Projects & Operations Readiness
- Leads the shaping, defining, and implementation of appropriate social performance & human rights action planen compassing the requirements of the ESHIAs commitments registers and taking into consideration of lenders aspects for the financed project(s)
- Coordinates SUS review of relevant Construction Implementation Plans
- Works closely with the Land and Livelihoods team during Construction to ensure that resettlement and livelihood restoration activities are monitoring, non-conformances captured and resolved
- Coordinate the implementation of SUS readiness plan (construction and Lender compliance monitoring)
- Conducts regular field inspections and audits during construction to support social monitoring field team and interface with construction teams & Contractors on implementation of social performance & human rights compliance
Sustainability Management System
- Lead and coordinate the writing and formalization of policies, procedures & plans in the SUS MS and ensure SUS subjects are included in other disciplines plans and procedures. SMS documents are the primary responsibility of each SUS head of discipline
- Monitor and report on SMS compliance
- Ensure all relevant SMS documents are cascaded into contractor contracts and coordinate contractors’ performance monitoring & reporting.
Monitoring & evaluation
- Implement Social performance framework with embedded human rights and develop tools (checklists, audits templates etc) to track social performance aspects including local content and sustainability which are fit for purpose, and which comply to both legal and best practice requirements.
- Develop all social performance, local content, and sustainability compliance monitoring tools in accordance with the relevant teams.
- Coordinates the creation of social monitoring for field activities and Contractor interface.
- Expands Social risk management to ensure effective identification and resolution of high-risk social issues.
- Creates auditing procedures which will facilitate internal audits and lender advisor audits (if relevant) and ensure continual resolution of al findings and non-conformances.
- Coordinates reporting requirements to internal entities or/and external
- Coordinates with the HSE/Env tam, the creation of an ESMS induction programme which will be used to train all field-based Staff and Contractors
- Oversee deployment of tools such as Borealis for the Social Performance and an SME & Talent Registration Platform and reporting for the Local Content Performance
- Support the Stakeholder Engagement Head in the execution of the required 3rd party studies
- Monitor Execution Performance & robustness of deliverables final deliverables.
- Coordinate Stakeholder Engagement team to integrate studies outcomes in the Sustainability MS.
- Ensures that activities off all SUS teams are implemented on time and are recorded in the tool as described in the process and that repositories have a regular back-up with less than 1% downtime at all times.
- Propose and implement analytical reporting methods.
- Report on weekly and adhoc basis activities of SUS.
- Contribute to overall sustainability risk management mapping.
- Contribute to the recruitment and supervise the M&E team.
- Ensure M&E staff development needs are met by mentoring, coaching and through training.
- Mobilize relevant TEEPRH staff around SUS M&E results.
- Periodically report to hierarchy on human & financial resources based on SUS set metric
Contribute to projects positive legacy in its host communities and region, through
- the development of guidance procedures, processes & communication material on SUS achievements
- the regular measurement of the performance
- Contractors Control to achieve minimum negative impacts and maximize positive impacts
- Demonstrating an exemplary behaviour with regard to compliance & corporate values
- Comply with the Activities described within the HSE Management System. Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts at work.
- Know their responsibilities to environmental issues in their work areas
- Each employee, at his level of responsibility, must observe all Company Rules, Procedures, and instructions in the performance of his own task.
- Reporting any anomaly, abnormal conditions and near miss
- Participating actively in HSE meetings, safety talks, toolboxes, training sessions and drills
Qualifications & Skill
Bachelor’s degree in Community Development/ Sustainability/ Anthropology/ Sociology. 15 years of experience in Social Performance specialized roles including 7-10 in stakeholder engagement management. Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with a wide range of stakeholders. Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines. Empathetic towards sensitive cultural, personal and community issues. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure. Understanding of the economic, political and social dynamics in the area of operation. Good reporting skills. High integrity, capacity to listen, to dialogue essential, superior negotiation, conflict management & communications skills. Creativity, open-mindedness, leadership skills, flexibility essential, excellent analytical skills. Strong team player with maturity to build effective partnerships across corporate and cultural divides. Strong focus on delivery of results, ability to work to deadlines.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.energyjobline.com.