Mercy Hands for Humanitarian Aid
Job Title : Director of Nursing
Report to : Medical Director
Start Date : As soon as possible
Mercy Hands owns and operates a clinics center in Al Habibiya, Baghdad. Al Habibiya is the center of Sadir City, which is the crowdiest and poorest suburbs of Baghdad. Mercy Hands Clinics Center occupies a small building. The layout of the building consists of the following:
- Ground level: laboratory, pharmacy, and nursing room.
- 1st and 2nd upper levels: the two levels are alike, with one common waiting room and two physician rooms per level.
Mercy Hands is looking for an expat nurse who will manage the nursing department. S/he will see patients for nursing care (see below), train intern nurses, and write the nursing department’s policies and standard operating procedures.
Nursing Care Duties
- Injections: IM, IV, and SC.
- Wound care.
- Apply or replace casts and splints.
- Place or replace Foley’s catheters.
- Ear irrigation.
- Provide health promotion, counseling and education.
- Administer IV fluids.
- Administer Breathing/ nebulizer treatment.
- Perform enema.
The work schedule is prepared by the Medical Director. The Nursing Director is required to work 40 hours per week. The Nursing Director submits their preferred work days and times to the Medical Director two months in advance.
Wages and Fringe Benefits
Hourly rate is $3. If the Nursing Director works 40 hours per week, 4 weeks per month then the total monthly wage is $480.
- Mercy Hands will provide residence. Residence, including utilities, will be covered by Mercy Hands.
- Visa and related costs will be covered by Mercy Hands.
- Any work related taxes in Iraq will be covered by Mercy Hands.
- Health insurance
- Transportation between residence and the clinic.
Qualifications and Qualities
- Registered to practice in home country
- At least two years experience working in clinical environment
- Experience working as a mentor or nurse educator
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Innovative in providing educational opportunities for others.
- Previous experience working in low to middle-income countries.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure with ability to adapt to rapidly evolving clinical situations.
- Experience of teaching nurses with limited English Work Conditions and Benefits.
How to apply
Please email a cover letter and a resume to [email protected]
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023