Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Chevy Chase, Maryland, Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International (Creative) seeks an Operations Manager (OM) responsible for building and managing systems and processes for the successful compliance and operations for USAID-funded program that will support agriculture markets in non-regime held parts of Syria. The OM will direct all operational, administrative, compliance and financial functions of the project on behalf of Creative, providing operational and administrative support and expertise to the program, serves as lead in the absence of the Chief of Party (COP), and liaise with the client, other implementing partners and any other key stakeholders at the direction of the COP.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Operations Manager will be based in Erbil, Iraq, and will report to the COP and work closely with the Creative home office team. and supervise the Operations Coordinator, Procurement Officer, and other potential Operation positions.
- Manage Operations Team and ensure coordination among the operations and program teams.
- Oversee all operations functions (Administration, IT, Procurement, Logistics, HR) and ensure Operational aspects of the project are implemented according to Creative, US Government policies and procedures.
- In coordination with direct reports, ensure all operational issues are resolved quickly, and as necessary elevate problems to the COP and/or HQ team.
- Carry out policies and procedures in places required for all operational transactions across project in coordination with home office and COP to ensure full compliance with Creative policies and US government-funded programs regulations.
- With the Finance Manager, support ensuring financial controls and cash management policies and procurement policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure timely payment and reporting of expenses.
- Provide mentorship and professional development to the members of the Operations Team.
- Oversee subcontracts and procurement alongside programs team, liaising with HQ to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Share knowledge of Creative policies with the teams to foster an organizational culture where Creative’s values are practiced.
- Oversee the management of project office human resources to ensure a diverse, skilled, and productive workforce, an effective leadership team, and an organizational culture where Creative’s values are practiced.
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field, such as in Business Administration (MBA), Public Policy, Economics, and/or International Relations,
- At least 5 years of experience in operational management or relevant position.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing compliance, operational, administrative, and IT functions of international development work.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, and ethical management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and oversee multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Experience managing large programs, with demonstrated capacity to create and/or maintain complex systems and procedures involving multiple implementation sites, multiple partners, and diverse staff and beneficiaries.
- Prefer to have knowledge of US government policies, procedures, and regulations, agreement compliance, financial planning and management, procurement, subaward management, and other management support areas.
- Ability to effectively manage multi-disciplinary teams of professionals.
- Speaking and writing fluency in English and Arabic required, Kurdish preferred.
To apply for this job please visit global-creative.icims.com.