small construction, remodeling, or renovation projects and will report to the Plumbing Supervisor. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals.
- Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- Provide a full range of plumbing services under the direction of the Plumbing Supervisor
- including installation and repair of pipes, fittings, fixtures and drainage systems.
- Provide supervision, leadership, oversight and associated responsibilities.
- Assemble, install, and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Inspect structures to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening the structure resulting from pipe installation.
- Study building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of
- Locate and mark position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors, using ruler, spirit level and plumb bob.
- Cut openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using hand tools and power tools.
- Cut and thread pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and electric or hand pipe-threading
- Bend pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine or by bending it by hand with
- tubing bender.
- Assemble and install valves, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass and lead and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic, using hand tools and power tools.
- Join pipe by use of bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and calk joints.
- Fill pipe system with water or air and read pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
- Install and repair plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, water softeners and pumps.
- Repair and maintain plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- May weld holding fixtures to steel structural members.
- General supervisory duties and responsibilities.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
REQUIRED:Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
- Five years journeyman plumbing / pipefitter experience
- Two (2) to Five (5) years foreman/lead/supervisory experience in the Plumbing Trade.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of all plumbing installations and repairs to include but not limited
- to plumbing fixtures and faucets, water and drain systems, water pumps, sump pumps, sewage lift stations, grease traps, and fuel piping.
- Ability to use equipment and tools of the trade such as drills, saws, grinders, threading equipment, drain cleaning equipment, portable pumps and air
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in supporting contract
- responsibilities at an overseas facility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at
- a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
- Ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
- Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of an Apprentice Program with a Journeyman certificate, or have an AA/AS degree in plumbing from a two year college and/or equivalent field experience is strongly preferred.
Passport, Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid drivers’ license from Home of Record.
- Journeyman Plumber State License or Certification from home state is required.
- Certification in backflow prevention and cross-connection control.
- Welding Certification is required
- As part of pre-contingency requirements, at the time of applying, candidates must possess a valid passport of home country (or have started the process of obtaining one) with a minimum of 18 months remaining to expiration date with 8 blank pages.
Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance or be able to obtain a favorable US Government clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract.
Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by Amentum and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
- Previous out of home country experience is highly desirable and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions is a plus.
- Experience working with Amentum.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.