- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at the Country level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents in line with NRC’s SSD policy
- Support line managers in procedures and required support team training.
- Management of Procurement staff
- Ensure development and implementation of Procurement systems and procedures
- Provide anti-corruption, transparency, and cost efficiency focus in all processes
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees In line with the advocacy strategy.
- Actively promote PSEA (Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC
- Manage NRC IRAQ’s procurement operations in line with programmatic requirements whilst ensuring compliance with NRC’s procurement policies and procedures, donor rules and regulations, Securing Supporting Documentation (SSD) policy and standardised filing system
- Monitor the validity of NRC IRAQ’s Framework Agreements and ensure they are renewed in a timely fashion and in line with the policies and procedures
- Participate in PCM stages to understand the programmatic needs and provide inputs on procurement processes, including reviewing the donors’ procurement rules and regulations and updating the tracking tool. In addition to regular review of Project Procurement Plans and consolidating data into the Country Procurement Plan
- Pro-actively engage programmes and support staff on a minimum monthly basis in assessing and updating their procurement needs in line with project timelines
- Pro-actively work to ensure value for money for NRC and Donors, whilst always maintaining the quality of goods
- Manage the expansion of NRC IRAQ’s existing supplier portfolio and always ensure professional management of suppliers and contractors.
- Coordinate with Logistics teams in Areas Offices, and with the finance team for the submission of reports and audits. Prepare and validate monthly KPI reports related to procurement, including monitoring procurement needs and trends, identifying and addressing any potential gaps to improve the efficiency of NRC Iraq’s procurement services
- Contribute and provide information to assist in the development of procurement-related SoPs, systems, tools, procedures, and templates country wide and ensure all relevant staff are trained in their content to ensure comprehension and compliance
- Ensure consistent support and capacity building to Area Logistics teams
- Review Medium Value Tender Committee documents received from Areas, ensure compliance to NRC SOPs, and return with constructive comments within a maximum 24-hour turnaround time
- Designated support to Kurdistan Regional Area Office (Dohuk)
Qualifications & Skills
Competencies are important for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working as a Logistics/Procurement Coordinator or equivalent in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, Arabic both written and verbal
Context/specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in procurement and contracts management at a senior level, preferably within a humanitarian context.
- Knowledge and experience of international supply chain operations.
- Experience and knowledge of key institutional donors’ procurement rules and regulations.
- Proven management experience, including training and capacity building of staff
- Highly organised with strong administration and information management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel
- Fluency in Kurdish – both written and verbal an advantage
- Ability to independently analyse data
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines
- Service orientated
How To Apply
Contract Duration: until 31st December 2023 – renewable based on funding and performance
Duty Station: Erbil – Iraq
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G7/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
For more information please read the job description