About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering high quality, holistic approaches, which combine international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan Region. SEED’s programming focuses on three key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-development programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role of Program Officer: SEED is seeking a number of Program Officers to support the implementation of international grant programs to protect, empower and support the recovery of vulnerable and conflict-affected people in Iraq through the provision of high quality, comprehensive protection, MHPSS, GBV, and child protection services, and improve protections through public awareness-raising, advocacy and technical assistance, and capacity-building efforts for government and NGOs. The Program Officer is responsible for providing program support services to SEED Programs ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work including planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting.
- Assist Program Director and Managers with program planning including conduct of research and program design.
- Assist with the full cycle of program implementation.
- To proactively identify areas of development across the organization as a whole.
- Support grants management including creation of paper and electronic filing systems, and filing and tracking grant documents.
- Assist in planning, implementation, and monitoring of the project activities in cooperation with the program manager ensuring timely and quality delivery of the targets set as per approved project proposal.
- Develop and maintain a list of reporting deadlines for grants and play a key role in the collection of data, ensuring accuracy of data, and report writing, ensuring high quality reporting.
- Contributing to financial planning, procurement, reporting and monitoring of project activities under the supervision of the Program Manager.
- Assist in preparing, managing and regularly updating the project activities work plan and related financial plan, ensuring timely and quality implementation in compliance with the defined project strategy, as well as SEED and donor guidelines under the Program Manager’s supervision.
- Coordinate with the logistics, administration and finance staff to procure all equipment, supplies, and materials required to implement the project activities, upon approval of the Program Manager.
- Report in a timely manner any eventual challenges or delays, loss or damage, faced in the daily implementation of the project activities to the Program Manager.
- Continuously assess, analyze and evaluate the needs of the targeted populations in the project areas, periodically update the situation and inform the program Manager accordingly.
- Support the Program Manager in ensuring the quality implementation of the project activities from the technical point of view.
- Proactively participate in relevant coordination meetings at the national, regional, governorate and field level, as required.
- Supporting any other task assigned by the Program Manager.
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED ambassador at all times.
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, disability status, marital status, and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.
Qualifications & Skills
- University degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Information Technology or any related fields
- At least three years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in Iraq and/or Kurdistan Region is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, with Arabic and/or Kurdish a plus.
- Good computer skills especially in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to work consistently and under pressure, independently and as a part of the team to meet deadlines
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to provide instructions clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and facilitate employee training needs
- Judgment and decision making, high degree of responsibility, initiative, alertness, physical fitness, emotional stability, the ability to prioritize a heavy workload
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
- Possess confidence and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
How To Apply
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this LINK.
- In order for an application to be considered valid, SEED only accepts online profiles duly completed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.