CESVI is an Italian NGO working for global solidarity. CESVI operates worldwide to support the most vulnerable populations in promoting human rights and achieving their ambitions, for sustainable development.
CESVI has been working in Iraq since 2018, focusing in the sectors of livelihoods, multi-purpose cash transfer, agriculture and food security. More recently, CESVI has started a new program in the protection sector, in particular GBV.
The Project Manager is the main person responsible for the programmatic and financial planning and management of the project activities and ensures the correct follow up and monitoring.
Brief project profile:
The project “Self-Reliance – Promuovere l’autosufficienza e le opportunità economiche e professionali sostenibili delle famiglie vulnerabili colpite dalla crisi in Iraq – Promoting self-sufficiency and sustainable economic and professional opportunities for vulnerable families affected by the crisis in Iraq” promotes access to quality integrated professional services. Applying the logic of durable solutions, the intervention improves the resilience of vulnerable families, favoring the creation of enterprise for men and women and the professional integration of young people
The target areas of the above-mentioned project are Duhok and Erbil Governorates, in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
With reference to the project activities, the Project Manager:
- Is responsible for the planning and management of the entire project;
- Ensures the correct use of CESVI and donor procedures;
- Prepares the drafting of contracts with staff and suppliers of goods, works and services;
- Co-ordinates the administrative-financial management of the project (responsible for the allocation of expenditure), upon input from the Country Administrator;
- Responsible for drafting periodic, interim and final reports for the donor;
- In collaboration with the MEAL Department, prepares and updates the Monitoring and Project Evaluation;
- In collaboration with the Operations Manager and Country Administrator, prepares and updates the Procurement Plan and Procurement Plan and ensures procurement procedures in compliance with CESVI and of the Donor;
- In collaboration with the Country Administrator and the Head of Mission, selects and manages the project;
- Manages donor monitoring visits;
- Defines and requests authorization of any variation, extension or revision of the original project, in coordination with HQ;
- Develops monthly work plans and spending plans in relation to project activities;
- Collaborates on safety issues by contributing to the revision and updating of plans and manuals, where required;
- Co-ordinates with HQ for visibility activities of the project, organization and the donor
- Degree and/or Master in Cooperation and Development/Emergency and/or similar degree (issued by at least 5
- At least 5 years of experience in cooperation projects in the local context or in similar contexts, with international donors, preferably in emergencies;
- Previous experience in managing AICS projects and/or in the area will be an asset;
- Knowledge of the project cycle;
- Strong organisational and human resources management skills;
- Skills in monitoring and evaluation;
- Good knowledge of the Office package;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, written and spoken;
- Good knowledge of the local context, project target areas, local culture and customs;
- Maturity in handling tense situations and ability to work under stress;
- Confidentiality and flexibility.
How To Apply
Applications must be sent by email to [email protected], submitting an updated CV and motivational letter in English. CVs must be 3 pages maximum.
The subject of the email must be: PM_Erbil_Name_Surname
Closing date for applications: Tuesday, 28 February 2023
Note: Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For further information about CESVI, please consult our website https://www.cesvi.eu/
Following the first screening of CVs, eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview and a written test.