The project manager (PM) is responsible for the execution of project requirements overseeing base life support (BLS), facilities, operations, management, and repair (OM&R) and security services at a forward operating site in Iraq. This role serves as the liaison and interface with the US government on-site contracting officer’s representative (COR) and the host nation Iraq Air Force base command group. Additionally, the PM is responsible for the management of all personnel, administration, property/logistics/supply chain, and the necessary synchronization of CONUS and OCONUS assets for the support of the customer’s assigned mission and deliverables as detailed in basic contract and task order(s) Performance Work Statements (PWS).
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
- Labor Category: USN
- Reports to: Senior Program Manager – Base & Critical Facilities Management
Roles And Responsibilities
- Manage large scale and complex operations in an austere environment.
- Provide effective management and leadership to a diverse group of more than 1,000 employees in support of contract deliverables, development, and submission of contractual reporting requirements, and enforce corporate best practices, policies, and procedures to include, but not limited to Safety, Quality Control, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and Code of Business Conduct (COBC).
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers/clients to ensure on-time delivery of services and support to include, but not limited to airfield operations, minor construction, and facilities management.
- Foster and develop new and existing internal and external customer relationships.
- Develop and conduct briefings and presentations to senior leadership and US government representatives.
- Ensure personnel adhere to host, company, federal, and state mandated laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Oversee the preparation of accurate executive reports, Contract Deliverables Requirements Lists (CDRL), and initiation of progress reporting systems.
- Responsible for project compliance with the company’s Safety Policy and Quality Assurance Program.
- Notifies program management team, executive leadership, customer, and client of any issues which may represent a risk to contractor personnel at the site and provides recommendations and execution to address issues that may arise.
- Maintains or coordinates IT, radio and telephonic communication, transportation and other support services capability that are provided by the customer, Acuity partners, customer contractors and others to ensure no interruption in service to the customer.
Qualifications & Certifications
- US National
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Formal training in Project Management methodology
- Knowledge of US Air Force operations and contracting support in contingency environment
- Ability to analyze technical problems, their impact to the business, and create solutions suitable for current and future business environments
- Proven verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills with ability to lead, coach, and supervise a team.
Skills, Abilities, And Years Of Experience
- Minimum of fifteen years of progressive experience managing operations, facilities OM&R, general construction, logistics and/or similar work with a minimum of ten (10 years in a leadership role e.g., site lead, project manager, deputy project manager, director, site manager, etc. Preferred candidate will have experience working in harsh and austere working environments like conditions in Iraq, Afghanistan, or comparable locations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and manage a large organization.
- Background displaying ability to staff, organize, lead, and manage a diverse work force larger than 1000 people.
- Must pass basic physical and background checks sufficient for duty in a contingency/military environment
Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For OFCCP compliance, the taxable entity associated with this job posting is:
Sallyport Global Holdings
To apply for this job please visit New%20URL.