HiiL | User-friendly Justice
By 2030, 150 million people are able to prevent or resolve their most pressing justice problems. Do you want to join us on our mission?
The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law (HiiL), a civil society organisation dedicated to people-centred justice and Sustainable Development Goals 16.3, is commencing the Iraq Justice Innovation Initiative (IJII), with Lebanon/Iraq serving as the operational base. We are looking for a talented Project Officer IJII – Iraq, based in Beirut, Baghdad or Erbil.
The project focuses on supporting the return of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in Iraq through innovative justice solutions. The aim is to build on local solutions by identifying and selecting promising local justice innovations that address barriers to House, Land and Property (HLP) rights of IDPs and returnees in the war affected areas.
As a Project Officer, you provide administrative & logistical support and play a coordination role to organise events in the region and occasionally conduct background research.
Do you love organising complex events involving several stakeholders? Do you deliver on time, by planning, organising resources and people? Do you enjoy working under pressure and are you comfortable with change and complexity in a dynamic international environment?
You are essential to the success of the projects you are working on, as your responsibilities are linked to coordination and support of the project. Your actions directly influence the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the project. With this position you have a chance to work with justice actors in the Middle East.
How will you contribute to HiiL’s mission?
The team is looking for you; the proactive colleague who can organise, support and assist the team working on the Iraq Justice Innovation initiative (IJII).
- You provide secretarial, logistical, and administrative support;
- You organise and ensure administrative coordination of Justice Innovation Lab workshops, trainings and other events either in Iraq or abroad;
- You coordinate and manage complex and frequently changing travel arrangements;
- You arrange local and international meetings, events and/or conference calls (including coordinating all meeting logistics, IT, securing meeting materials, etc);
- You liaise with stakeholders and service providers to ensure the smooth operation and efficient running of the operation.
- You draft correspondence, invitation letters, documents and presentations whenever possible;
- You take meeting minutes and draft meeting reports;
- You support in scouting and vetting of promising ideas and initiatives that address HLP issues in Iraq when needed;
- You provide project management support by preparing progress reports and assisting in procurement activities;
- You align with HiiL’s processes and procedures (Project Management, Finance, HR).
What we look for in our new colleague?
- You have a Bachelor degree in a relevant field. Legal background is a plus;
- You have at least 3+ years professional experience in operations, logistics and/or project management.
- You take action! You are someone that gets things done, is hands-on, service oriented and proactive;
- You enjoy problem-solving and can easily adapt to changing priorities and needs;
- You have high level of ethics and integrity;
- You have excellent command of Arabic (native), and English (near native), Kurdish is a strong asset;
- You work efficiently for on-time, high quality delivery;
- You have experience working in a small business, social enterprise, NGO environment etc., or the hospitality sector, is a plus;
- Adventurous and willing to travel and work occasionally on weekends if needed (before big events).
- An organisational culture where motivation prevails; the work that we do is meaningful and contributes to changing people’s lives;
- An environment that is bound to further improve your professional skills.
- Being creative, courageous and collaborative are at the heart of our organisation.
- Starting date: 01 March 2024 (in mutual agreement)
- We are offering a 12 (twelve) months consultancy contract for 40 hours a week, with the aim of building a long-term working relationship.
- Monthly fee between 1.500 and 1.800 EUR depending on experience and location.
- Be part of a dynamic and international team.
Are you the talented Project Officer we are looking for? Please apply and upload your CV and a short motivation letter. You have time to apply for this position until 07.01.2023.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colours, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are encouraged to apply for this position.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks. By submitting your application you accept that HiiL will conduct such pre-employment screening for successful candidates.
Will you join us?
Please apply on our recruitment portal (https://recruitment.portal.hiil.org/) and upload your CV and a short motivation letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.portal.hiil.org.