Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organisation committed to ending world hunger and recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition. Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger delivers programmes, in over 40 countries while committed to respect humanitarian principles as a non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and, non-profit organisation. Our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflict. Action Against Hunger intervenes in four main areas: Nutrition, Mental Health & Care Practices; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Food Security and Livelihoods; Advocacy and Raising Awareness.
Action Against Hunger is looking for a Psychosocial Worker based in its office in Basra.
Work place: Basra with frequent visits to ACF areas of interventions.
Type of contract: Initially 9 months Fixed-Term contract with the possibility of extension.
Working Hours: Full Time Contract of minimum 40 hours per week up to a maximum of 48 hours per week
Monthly Basic Salary: Action Against Hunger provide competitive salary according to ACF salary grid.
Benefits: Monthly Transport Allowance, Medical Insurance and + End of Year Benefit.
Purpose of the position: Organize and conduct the activities linked to the mental health programme in the region, and all other relevant tasks required by the program.
Mission/Objective 1: Implement awareness-raising sessions on mental health and care practices.
- Support the capacity building activities carried by the MHPSS_P program.
- Direct awareness-raising sessions based on a guidebook
- Participate in elaborating teaching aids and adapting them according to the target population.
- Evaluate the beneficiaries’ knowledge before and after the sessions.
- Favor exchange and participation among the beneficiaries.
- Support local partner (CBO) in delivering awareness activities and facilitate their access to beneficiaries and local media.
- Support local partner (CBO) in training their staff.
- Evaluate the content of each workshop, analyze it based on the evaluation grid.
Mission/Objective 2: Organize discussion groups and working groups with the beneficiaries.
- With the help of a guidebook or DPM, be able to stimulate exchange between beneficiaries in discussion /working groups on a particular theme and make them more dynamic.
- Be capable of observing and analyzing the content of a group session and evaluate it on the basis of an evaluation grid
- Be capable of receiving and restraining expressions of strong emotions.
Mission/Objective 3: Participate in the assessment and collecting information on the beneficiaries’ needs in terms of mental health.
- Be capable of identifying the most vulnerable groups of individuals in need of psychological help.
- Observe and collect information during the programme activity sessions on the beneficiaries’ needs in terms of mental health.
- Include this information systematically in each activity report.
Mission/Objective 4: Implement and supervise part of the mental health programme activities.
- Organize individual and group psycho-education and awareness sessions.
- Organize discussion groups with the beneficiaries.
- Supervise and evaluate the impact of the activities delegated by his supervisor.
Objective 5: Supervise the transmission by the beneficiaries of information on the programme to the community:
- Technical support to the beneficiaries of transmission and awareness-raising methods
- Motivate and give the beneficiaries a sense of responsibility regarding the transmission of information provided by the programme.
- Supervise these transmissions daily.
Mission/Objective 6: Maintain strict respect for confidentiality.
- Ensure that the confidentiality of data, the property of ACF project beneficiaries, is strictly maintained.
- Respect the confidentiality of the content of clinical interviews apart from discussions with the psychologists in charge.
- Any other work duties assigned by Deputy MHPSS_P within scope of MHPSS and Protection issues
- This job description is not exhaustive and may be changed or amended by the mission management when necessary according to the base needs.
Degree in psychology, Secondary Education and experience in health education or medical/social diploma.
Sense of confidentiality – Skilled activity leader –Knowledge of child development – Good communication and adaptation capacity – Good relations with people.
Good communication skills – Good writing skills – Adaptability – Able to adopt a Pedagogic approach.
Managerial Skills (if applicable)
– Very Good organizing Skills and Flexibility Very good communication skills – numeracy skills.
Good knowledge of English and Arabic.
Basic computer knowledge : Word and Power point
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Closing Date: Tuesday 21st of February 2023
Qualified candidates must submit a Cover Letter and a Resume (CV) including 2 professional references and a copy of any relevant Certification/Degree and a copy of National ID and/or Residency Card to [email protected].
Please indicate the job reference number: BAS/MHPSS/03/022023, in the e-mail subject line.
Action Against Hunger encourages female candidates to apply.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact short-listed candidates for further screening.
Please note that the final candidates will be subjected to security screening and positive references.
For more information please visit our website: http://www.actioncontrelafaim.org/en