Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We prioritise ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
Anbar Programme started in 2017 responding to the humanitarian needs of displaced population as a result of the war against ISIS. The programme implemented a multi-sectoral progrmme delivering water supply, sanitation and hygiene support, livelihood support, and gender and protection.
Anbar programme is headed by the Programme Manager, managing the teams of WASH, EFSVL, Protection, Gender, HR, Logistics and Finance.
To work with the Oxfam team in Anabr Programme and be responsible for carrying out the Feminist In Action Gender Project in a close working relationship with the selected local NGO partners. The officer will liaise between Oxfam and Partners by closely monitoring grantees in the governorates to ensure program deliverables are achieved. Additionally, support the program teams in mainstreaming gender into their programming
Anabr Governorate (reporting in Anabr Office)
Based on the Salary scale
Hours of work:
40 hours per week. This is a full-time role; however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at interview stage
This role reports to:
Anbar Programme Manager
Staff reporting to this post:
Annual budget for the post:
Feminist In Action Project Team/Support Team/Partners
DBS checks (for roles based in the UK):
All successful candidates will be screened through Refinitiv World-Check One to comply with counter terrorism and financial sanctions regulations.
What we are looking for
- Support the conduct of partner assessments in coordination with the Partnership Team and the Programme Manager to determine strategic fit and capacity building needs.
- Consolidate partner assessment reports and communicate to the relevant departments.
- Ensure relevant policies are shared with all partners as required in assessment tools and by Partnerships Manager
- Facilitate and follow the implementation of capacity building plans to partners
- Identify required technical support and determine appropriate methodologies and channels to provide the support
- Develop and conduct training to partners, local NGOs and CSOs on Partnership principles
- Act as local partners’ focal point and work with capacity building advisor and manager to respond to partner’s requests on time
- Provide feedback for background checks tool to support assessment and strategic fit of local organizations
- Liaise with the local partners regularly to provide support and guidance and sharing of information
- With the Partnership Finance, review the monthly financial reports of partners and communicate to partners any concern and planning for spending on time
- Strengthening partnership relations through regular engagement, consultation, and transparency.
Mainstreaming gender and protection
- Works closely with the Programme Manager, the Gender Advisors and the Programme teams to identify project interventions to mainstream gender and protection
- Works closely with the Program Manager to support program teams in the field to implement and monitor gender equality plans and activities
- Facilitates the inclusion of gender aspects into all aspects of project implementation.
- Support the conduct of researches on gender equality programs, campaigns and policy change.
- Ensures gender mainstreaming is embedded in all programme activities.
- Works closely with the Policy advisor, communication and media to ensure gender issues are included in our advocacy agenda with various stakeholders.
- Coordinates and manages training on gender for staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Organizes workshops and network meetings for partners and ensure timely and effective arrangements, prepare minutes and their distributions
- Together with the other Gender Teams, participate in the mapping of available gender and protection services in the area and disseminate the information to the target population through the partners.
MONITORING, EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING (MEAL):
- Conduct monthly progress review meetings with the local partners to determine implementation progress and challenges
- Ensure the implementation of the Accountability mechanism in the partner’s project areas and share accountability reports to the MEAL Team
- Facilitate project progress review meeting with MEAL, Naseej Project Team and the Local partners
- Plan with and support the MEAL team in the conduct of mid-term and final evaluation in partner’s project areas.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports on programme progress on gender and women’s rights activities and assists in preparing the annual report.
Cooperation and coordination:
- Work with partners, Gender and programme teams in the preparation and conduct of international celebrations in the programme areas (16 Days of Activism, International Women’s Day, International Day of the Girl Child, etc)
- Coordinate with the other relevant departments and organizations to develop linkage, complementation of activities
- Attend working group meetings in Diyala to share Oxfam’s gender programming in the area.
- Liaise with the relevant government departments to be part of the Gender programme implementation in the area
Qualifications & Skills
Essential – Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications & Competencies
- University Graduate, related to Social Sciences and Gender studies.
- At least 3 years of experience working in international organizations, experience on Gender and Protection is a plus.
- Skills in partnership, project management and communication skills.
- Relevant experience in implementing projects through Local Partners.
- Robust experience in providing capacity-building support to communities, local partners.
- Languages: Spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Resilience, can work in complex condition
How To Apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
For more details about this job, please visit the job advert using below link:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered