Job Description Wood is currently recruiting for a SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) Instructor to be based in Basra, Iraq on a 28 Days on / 28 Days Off Rotation
Instructor Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver SHE training programs to the local communities. Responsible for the delivery of various SHE courses at different community locations.
- Review & support the development of the SHE training materials, manuals and other relevant documentation whenever it is needed or required.
- Support the development of new SHE training courses as determined by the needs of the program.
- Prepare, maintain, and share course rosters, course completion records and other documentation as requested by the Administrative Department Section Heads and Managers.
- Development of SHE training courses, course outlines, and audio and/or video editing of SHE training courses.
- Delivers and facilitates structured safety programs and initiatives in support of the company’s training objectives and brand essence for community engagement.
- Performs administrative duties to track completion of training, scheduling of classes and resources, compile and prepare statistical information on training program status. Position will require candidate to have flexibility to conduct training sessions in differing locations.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality, innovative and engaging SHE classes /courses that meet the requirements of local communities.
- Ensure core SHE standards and processes are embedded into the training whenever possible.
- Maintain accurate and timely training records and reports through strong alignment and engagement with Administrative Department Managers, Section Heads and LMS team.
Education: University degree
Technical Skills Required
- Specialized Knowledge: Oil & Gas industry regulations and SHE operational procedures, Technical, Public Safety, Business Skills for Safety Trainer. A certification in such/ or similar field is required.
- Skills: Adult training techniques, people development, course development and presentation, assessment, and effective planning.
- Other Skills: Possession of excellent analytical and data management skills promotes subject matter and Company culture and mission to attendees, self-motivated with a positive attitude, professional and engage audience to interactively participate, a problem solver with critical thinking skills to continual adapt to audience requirements.
- Professional Certification: SHE accredited certification, Licensing or Certifications for Safety Trainer, OSHA, NEBOSH, IOSH, L&D, and other training / or vocational training linked with the job/role
- Minimum of 5 years relevant discipline experience
- Preferably holds an accredited Assessor Qualification
- 5 years classroom and OJT experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Upstream and Downstream businesses is beneficial.
- At least 5 years of experience in delivering, design and developing SHE courses with high competency level.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work in multi-culture and multi-company environments.
- Bi-Lingual (English / Arabic) ability preferred but not essential.
- Strong understanding of operations training requirements
- Proactive in approach to program execution
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong teamwork, able to work with multi-national team.
- Personal / Soft Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills, time management, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, planning and management skills.
- Abilities: Ability to organize, establish, create, plan for execution of SHE relevant activities. Ability to handle multiple assignments, written communication skills, team player, self- leading and hard worker.
- Preferably holds a current valid driving license for multi-location assignment.
To apply for this job please visit ehif.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.