Al-Mesalla Organization for Human Resources Development
Terms of Reference
Job Title: Store Keeper
Contract Duration: 2023
Duty Station: Erbil, Iraq
Brief description of the organization
Al-Mesalla for Human Resources Development is a non-governmental organization established in 2004 and registered in Baghdad and Erbil with headquarters located in Erbil. The organization is working at disseminating a culture of human rights and peacebuilding in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region. The organization is currently working along 3 programs: A non-violence and peace-building program developing peace capacities within the community; a woman and Gender program empowering women to take an active role in the community and a Human Rights Program which focuses especially on enhancing freedom of expression. Since June 2014, Al Mesalla developed services for the growing refugee and displaced community settling in the Kurdish Region of Iraq by participating in distributing emergency support and establishing empowerment and livelihood programs for displaced women in particular.
After the conflict between Iraq and the coming of ISIS and the Mosul liberation operation, a huge number of IDPs have returned to their homes, As is often the case in any humanitarian crisis, women and girls face increased risk of violence, where living spaces are confined, infrastructures are weak and activities are limited, therefore, tension arises and psychological wellbeing is disturbed. Forms of gender-based violence became common with specific forms such as domestic violence, sexual harassment and abuse, trafficking, and to a lesser degree economic exploitation and early/ forced marriage. The latter one is quite problematic since many families revert to this option as a sort of protection, and a coping mechanism given the cultural context and already prior structural practices where the husband is expected to provide financial and physical protection. UNFPA responded by supporting the Al-Mesalla organization by establishing women’s spaces in Mosul, and the district with aim of using it as a social space and a base to raise awareness about gender issues and the risks of GBV in Mosul which established different humanitarian actors.
To manage & support the overall operation of the warehouse / ensure inbound/outbound activities. / Overall
Responsible to maintain KPIs
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively receive/dispatch commodities including transshipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in the physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Prepare, verify, and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the organization’s requirements.
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily/weekly inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyze reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate the missing quantity, and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor the condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following warehouse standards.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff if there any to contribute to their development and high performance.
- Action Management
- Ethics & Values
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Co-workers Orientation
- Interpersonal Relations
- Decision maker
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in a related field.
- Experience using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
- At least two years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of transport, administration, accounting, statistics, or another related field.
- Experience in managing warehouses with food and NFIs.
- Experience in managing inventories.
- Experience in processing invoices.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English, Kurdish, and/or Arabic.
How To Apply
Al-Mesalla implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
Al-Mesalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer Al-Mesalla considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
NOTE:- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date will not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the urgency, Al -Mesala reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline
How TO APPLY
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Please submit your CV and a Cover letter as a PDF or WORD to ([email protected]), other formats rather than PDF or WORD will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application.
subject : Store Keeper