- This position is physically located in Iraq in support of LOGCAP***
Will support the supply chain function performing subcontracts administration and closeouts. Must have a minimum of 4 years’ direct experience in subcontracts administration on Federal US Government programs. Capable of working independently in a high paced, demanding environment. Individual is considered an expert in subcontract management, has as solid track record maintaining compliance with company policy and FAR/DFARS. Ability to work quickly and efficiently with little to no error rate. Comfortable with frequently adjusting priorities to include new taskings with little to no advance notice.
Experience working with international subcontractors who are not used to working under a US Government prime contract and the patience and ability to coach them through the process. Provide mentorship and training to more junior staff on subcontracts management and compliance. Experience communicating effectively with executive level leadership. This position will execute and administer various types of Subcontracts and Purchase Orders (POs) through close-out, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures, legal guidelines, FAR/DFARS clauses, and customer requirements.
Provides Program Management with contractual guidance while exercising sound ethical and professional judgment within a broadly defined best practice and written policy structure. Responsible for protecting the legal and financial interest of Vectrus Systems Corporation during all discussions and interactions with customers and suppliers. Drafts Request for Proposals, develops source selection criteria, analyzes cost/price data to determine price reasonableness, leads negotiation efforts with subcontractors, and reviews and interprets clauses, formal amendments, agreements and legal documents. Supports all internal and external audits, and provides program support to both internal and external customers. Operates under the functional guidance of Supply Chain organization and Corporate Purchasing Manual, while coordinating closely with other functional departments.
This position will execute and administer various types of Commercial Contracts, Federal Subcontracts and Purchase Orders (POs) through close-out, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures, legal guidelines, FAR/DFARS clauses, and customer requirements.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Performs a full range of subcontract activities associated with the administration and/or closeout of subcontracts.
- Qualifies suppliers, issues RFP’s, evaluates proposals, documents cost and/or price analysis, executes subcontracts incorporating clauses, terms and conditions, technical specifications, statements of work and other certification and representations, and maintains compliant subcontract files in accordance with established procedures and FAR guidelines.
- Monitors subcontractor performance to ensure that all contract terms and conditions are met while adhering to cost/schedule and mission requirements.
- Documents subcontractor performance using the Vectrus Subcontract Past Performance Rating System – SPPRS.
- Uses judgment to interpret internal and external issues and develop best practices.
- Makes recommendations to management on subcontract issues, and execution of subcontract documents.
- Assists in coordination with other functional areas on matters related to Subcontracting; prepares responses as necessary to customer correspondence and other requests.
- Awards subcontract total value, authorizes funding, reviews and validates subcontractor invoices for payment monitor’s balance.
- Uses specialized knowledge to solve complex and unique problems.
- Develops, writes and administers commercial contracts in support of headquarters’ overhead operations.
- Provides formal training to Vectrus employees when necessary.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- BS/BA Degree
- Minimum of four years specialized experience administering contracts/subcontracts, purchasing or contract administration using a variety of contract types in CONUS/OCONUS in support of US Federal Government prime contracts.
- Shall have a thorough working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DoD FAR Supplement, and other departmental supplements as applicable.
- Other Requirements:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance if required.
- Possesses analytical and interpersonal skills in order to perform the job.
- Good problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills/techniques.
- Strong communicator.
- Functionally skilled in Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
- Physical Requirements
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers.vectrus.com.