American University of Iraq - Baghdad
Why the American University of Iraq—Baghdad?
Opening its doors in January 2021, the new American University of Iraq—Baghdad (AUIB) began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraqi and United States business, industry and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when Baghdad was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world. With a great library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB will be a beautiful campus, attracting students, faculty, and staff from throughout the world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new venture.
Job Title: Talent Acquisition Manager
Department: Human Resources
Location: Baghdad, Iraq
Reports To: Human Resources Director
Job Summary: The Talent Acquisition Manager at the American University of Iraq Baghdad plays a crucial role in attracting, selecting, and hiring top-tier talent to support the university’s academic and administrative functions. This position is responsible for developing and executing recruitment strategies, overseeing the recruitment process, and leading a team of Talent Acquisition Coordinators. The HR Recruitment Manager reports to the HR Director and collaborates closely with various university departments to ensure the university’s staffing needs are met effectively.
1. Recruitment Strategy:
Develop and implement comprehensive recruitment strategies that align with the university’s mission and goals.
Collaborate with university leadership and department heads to understand staffing needs and workforce planning requirements.
2. Team Leadership:
Supervise and mentor a team of talent acquisition coordinators.
Provide guidance and support to ensure the team meets recruitment targets and objectives.
Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide feedback for professional growth.
3. Talent Sourcing and Attraction:
Identify innovative and effective methods to attract a diverse pool of qualified candidates.
Utilize various sourcing channels, including job boards, social media, networking, and partnerships with educational institutions.
Implement best practices in candidate attraction and engagement.
4. Selection Process:
Oversee the end-to-end recruitment process, including candidate screening, interviewing, and assessment.
Ensure a positive candidate experience by providing timely and constructive feedback.
Collaborate with hiring managers to make informed hiring decisions.
5. Diversity and Inclusion:
Promote and implement diversity and inclusion initiatives in the recruitment process.
Partner with university stakeholders to enhance collaboration in the workforce.
6. Compliance and Reporting:
Ensure compliance with all relevant employment laws and regulations.
Maintain accurate records of recruitment activities and produce regular reports for HR leadership.
7. Continuous Improvement:
Stay updated on industry trends and best practices in recruitment.
Identify areas for process improvement and recommend solutions to enhance recruitment efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- 5 years of experience in recruitment, including a minimum of three years in a leadership or managerial role.
- strong understanding of recruitment best practices, employment laws, and diversity and inclusion principles.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in using recruitment software and applicant tracking systems.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders and departments.
The Talent Acquisition Manager will supervise a team of Talent Acquisition Coordinators.
Application Requirements for Positions at the American University of Iraq—Baghdad
To be considered for any role at the American University of Iraq—Baghdad (AUIB), applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Cover letter: This should detail how your skills and experience align with the specific requirements of the position you are applying for.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Please provide an up-to-date resume or CV.
- Identification: A valid national ID or passport is required for the application process.
** Please note that applications missing any of these components will not be considered.
If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will need to provide additional documentation:
- Educational transcripts and certifications must be translated into English.
- References: You must provide contact details for three references. These individuals should be those who have either worked with you or supervised your work.
We look forward to receiving your complete applications and appreciate your interest in joining our dynamic team at AUIB.
To apply for this job please visit www.auib.edu.iq.