- The ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Professional spoken and written English
- The ability to communicate clearly with a wide range of people
- Respectful and responsive to cultural beliefs and practices
- Have a professional commitment to social work values and ethics, and continue developing professional competence
ZOA Iraq supports vulnerable conflict-affected people with social reconstruction activities, livelihood assistance, and psychosocial support in order to establish stable and peaceful communities with hope for the future.
Project: “Market Innovations interventions in Agrotourism supporting agribusinesses and tourism businesses”
This document describes the responsibilities of the Tourism Expert for the GIZ-funded ‘Market Innovations interventions in Agrotourism supporting agribusinesses and tourism businesses’ activity. This is implemented as a component of a broader GIZ-funded project on agribusiness development, implemented by ZOA. The program activities include knowledge transfer, skill development, and expert exchange for and with Iraqi entrepreneurs, companies, and private sector organizations from the Agribusiness sector. The intended outcome is the growth of the private sector (and job creation) through the development of linkages with international networks.
The project seeks to promote Agritourism in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Agritourism is a type of tourism based on experiences and products in agricultural settings. Agritourism can include any agriculturally based operation or activity that brings visitors to a farm. The project will train Agritourism coaches, and support individuals interested in beginning Agritourism businesses. These entrepreneurs will receive training in Agritourism and ongoing coaching support to develop business plans.
The project will include 3 key outputs:
- Agritourism Innovation Coaches trained
- Basic training for potential Agritourism enterprises
- Advanced business plan development and coaching for Agritourism enterprises
2. Objective of the support
The Tourism Expert will undertake activities under the direction of the ZOA Programme Manager and International Agritourism Curriculum Development Expert. The Tourism Expert will work to identify candidates for training on agritourism, help develop the training content, and deliver training and coaching support to agrotourism businesses. These activities may be modified throughout the program depending on Donor requirements and the development of the program.
The Agritourism Expert will be contracted for a period of up to 20 days between February and 31 October 2023. The actual duration will depend on the profile of the expert selected.
The Expert will travel around the Kurdistan Region of Iraq for the Training of Trainers, stakeholder engagement, fact-finding, and coaching of the project team.
The key deliverables for the Agritourism Expert are:
- Project work planning and reporting
- Leadership and support to Innovation Coaches
- Assisting International Curriculum Development Experts in the development and delivery of a training program for the agritourism innovation coaches
- Together with other consultants, delivery of a Foundational training on agritourism course
- Together with other consultants, deliver Advanced training on agritourism courses, development of business plans for participants, and provision ongoing coaching.
- Participation in regular team coordination meetings.
The Expert may assume additional short-term expert functions as required according to his profile, as mutually agreed with the Team Leader.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates with a previous experience in similar sectors, may send their CV (in PDF format) to the e-mail address below:
Please insert the email’s subject title, exactly as;
The applications should be submitted on or before 21st February 2022.
Your CV must be uploaded in PDF format.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ZOA Iraq is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, the vacancy might be filled before the closing date.
This position is open for National applicants
“Please note that the preference will be given to qualified candidates that are from whole the Kurdistan region),
(Please mention your exact neighborhood in KRI).
Deadline : 2023-02-21source: NCCI